Dr. Quan Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015
QUAN TRUNG NGUYEN MD
I had to switch doctors through Kaiser when my previous physician retired. I will not be staying with this man. He is very dismissive. I left a phone message and when he called all I heard was how difficult his schedule was and that I was making it worse by calling instead of making an appointment, which was not needed. I am disabled so ease to care is important.

March 4th, 2015
No good
The guys was a complete jerk from the moment he came in and made sure to make me feel like an idiot as much as he possibly could. Made it clear that he felt I was wasting his time. Very unprofessional and did not care for my well-being at all. The other reviews here are spot-on.

November 15th, 2013
Rude manner, mistreats patients
I went in to Kaiser because of foot pain after a race. More than anything else I wanted advice with pain management. Without looking at or touching my foot, Dr. Nguyen told me how dumb I was as a runner to be worried about foot pain because the problem was my bad shoes, and that I would be fine. When I asked him how I could ease the pain, he suggested that I soak my foot, but ignored me when I asked if there was a way that wouldn't aggravate my blisters. Etc etc etc. he made me feel stupid and like a waste of time. After a point, he started threatening that he would make me get an xray "so that I would stop asking questions", but when I asked how much an X-ray would cost, he yelled that money wasn't his job and he doesn't handle that stuff. He berated me until I was on the verge of tears, at which point he repeated "now you're just going to cry, aren't you," and "You'll just cry now, I can tell." I really do not recommend this doctor. When I got home I logged a complaint with Kaiser and I suggest you do the same if you feel you have been mistreated.

November 2nd, 2011
Run Away!!
Dr. Nguyen was standing in for my regular doctor and clearly misdiagnosed my broken bone (a lot of bruising and swelling could be seen). He ordered an x-ray for the wrong body part then told me it looked fine and that I could go home. When asked how I could get a wheelchair for my injury he said "I don't know" and left the room without telling us who we could talk to.I later went to the ER for an unrelated problem. When I got there the nurses noticed my bruising and swelling and asked if I had that looked at. When they looked at the x-ray Dr. Nguyen had ordered they sent me to get another x-ray (one that would show the injured area). The next day I had surgery for my injury (which was possibly made worse by me being told I was find and sent home). I would not recommend Dr. Nguyen!

December 16th, 2010
Unhelpful and condescending
I, too, had a similar experience with Dr. Nguyen. After I described my symptoms, Dr. Nguyen's examination was very cursory, and at several points during the appointment he refused to make the appropriate referrals/tests that I had requested. I left ectremely frustrated by his condescending attitude and lack of care for my well being. I have since changed doctors.

January 6th, 2016