Adolescent Specialist, Psychiatrist

1833 W Pioneer Pkwy
Arlington, TX 76013
682-323-4566
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  not recomemded outpatient  |  show details
by Stephanie on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Imam is a very nice man easy to talk to and understand diagnosies, but i would not recomend him unless he gets a better organized staff. His only receiptionist is some timie; in the begining i had no issues with her other than she sometimes seemed irratating or short like she was annoyed, in the middle of the day she has to pick up her kids so you have to wait until she comes back to check in or check out, last appoinments she kept saying she spoke with me when she didnt i left messages she assumed i scheduled appointments that i never did and then said i had a now show when the last confirmed appointment i had i called and left a voice message stating i had to cancel. The doctor himself never seemed to keep good track of my last dosage and sending me the correct amounts as my issurance required, it was all a little too disorganized for me i continued to go until i felt more stable to find another doctor. On what i had already determined to be my last visit, i was told before even opening my mouth it was my last visit the way it came off seemed personal then he said that his practice is decreasing patients or possibly closing due to another job. i felt like i was in the twilightzone for people with mental health condititions i dont think this doctors inviornment, organization or staff is helpful! maybe hes more of a teacher than doer.

|  A Dr who truly cares for the patient  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Imam is not the right psychiatrist for everyone. He takes his work very seriously with the goal of bettering today's children through ethical medical practices. He views drugs as "training wheels" to improve the immediate situation so that therapy can work. The whole family is treated through counseling that he provides - instead of sending you off to a counselor to do the rest of your treatment. He wants to see his young patients improve and thrive in society without the use of medications for the rest of their lives. If you are simply looking for a Dr to write you an Rx - find a different Dr. If you are looking for a simple solution to a complex problem - look somewhere else. But - if you want the very best for your child - safe medication and counseling to develop the necessary skills to manage their issues - and are willing to put in the effort to make this happen - then visit Dr. Imam.

|  Worst psychiatrist ever.  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2013

Horrible doctor. Very prompt to prescribe anti-psychotics for anxiety. It is highly recommended not to see this doctor.

May 3rd, 2013

His staff was unhelpful and rude when asked a reasonable prescription request.

Jan 30th, 2012

I'm 16. I smoke marijuana. I had looked up hours of research on the subject, now regardless of views on the matter, Mr. Imam said that "you should be smarter for what education you are receiving", "You had a lot of potential but you just threw your life away, and it is hopeless", sounds like to me this guy just enjoys pissing off teens.

|  not caring at all  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

so the dr comes across like he rally cares for your child and then without warning he just changes his insurance policies and will not see or refer you to anyone else.

Jan 7th, 2011

Explained to me in details for more than 45 min about my illness and treatment, he really helped me a lot.I really feel much better.

Nov 29th, 2010

Helped me a lot with my mental illness.

Oct 22nd, 2010

helped with my mental problem.

Jun 7th, 2010