Overall Review

Patient
Dr. Raad Toma is an Excellent Doctor

November 19th, 2013
Great Experience---Do Your Part to Assist
My first experience with Oak Park Medical Clinic and Dr. Raad Toma was one of the best I've had with a doctor and his/her staff. Upon entering, the front desk receptionist was courteous and helpful. She made me welcomed. Those who assisted with tests, administering shots, etc comforted me and explained to me what they were doing and why. The staff was not always treated with respect from the clients and had to deal with a lot of non-sense. It seemed to me that no one wanted to wait or take into consideration that Dr. Toma may have had an emergency at one of the hospitals or even in his personal life. People came in late and wanted to be seen right then regardless of who arrived on time for their appointment. Thank you Dr. Toma and the staff at Oak Park Medical Clinic for doing your job.

April 16th, 2013
upset patient
I went to Dr. Toma because he had taken care of a few members in my family. I'm not sure if they recieved better service because they're older or not. I'm in my late 20's, but I'm sure I look younger than that. My wait time to see the doctor was OVER TWO HOURS and when I asked the receptionist if it usually takes this long, she had an attitude and replied, "Yeah, usually." Really??? I seen Dr. Toma and explained my reason for coming and that I wanted blood tests done to have the results sent to a clinic for participation in a study. The Dr. didn't even look at my list of test I wanted done. He then asked me to come in the next day for a blood work and had the ma do an EKG right then. The next day I came in for my blood work, the woman who drew it didn't wash her hands (which should have sent me running, but i thought maybe hand sanitizer), left the door open, didn't properly introduce herself and left my information exposed (HIPPA VIOLATION) after she left with the blood samples. No one called about results or anything! When I called asking why no one had called and when I would be able to discuss the results of the test they (receptionists) proceeded to tell me how my EKG came back fine, my thyroid levels are low and blah blah blah. I didn't ask to discuss my medical information with the receptionist, I wanted to talk with the doctor specifically AND why would you tell me anything on the phone??!!!??!!! How did she know I am who I say I am? I then asked what would the process be to just obtain my records from the office for my own personal use. She told me she would have to ask the doctor and I could have them... I asked if there would be a reason why he might deny sending the records. She then got very hostile and raised her voice saying, " You come with all these questions and answers. I can't give them to you, the doctor has to sign to give them." I say, "Okay, if I don't understand what you're are saying then I need to clarify by asking a question." She says,"I am speaking english" (I thought she said she doesn't speak good english)- So I said,"I understand you don't speak good english and this is why I want to clarify." She says with attitude, "I speak good english better than you!"........ Okay. At this point the conversation is out of hand and we are both yelling at each other then I ask, "Why are you arguing with a patient? Don't you know that I can report your facility or write about my experience online where everyone can see?" She says, "No you can't. I'm not arguing with a patient. I can't say anything else. I will leave a message with the doctor and call you back." I was very frustrated so i just hung up the phone. Needless to say I will not be going back. Clearly, there is an issue at this clinic with delivering timely, safe, courteous and proficient healthcare.