Dr. Raafea Malik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 30th, 2014
I used to really like her until I found out she was a drug pusher who knows very little about Suboxone Acute Withdrawal's or long term psychological issues caused by discontinuation of Buprenorphine/Naloxone
Was always a friendly doctor and I used to really like her frank nature but prescribed a medicine (Suboxone) which is physically addictive but un-abusable due to it's antagonistic properties which creates a ceiling effect. It's also a partial agonist; you take it once you know it- after that I detected no opioid effects other than low sex drive and constipation. I took it for four years and for over two years I repeatedly asked her to reduce my dose so I could slowly discontinue. She made no notes of this in her records so she could continue making money from my drug tests (which I took over four years and passed every one). Eventually I went from 20 mg to 8mg and started getting sick so treated myself with THC for my nausea... after that out of compassion she prescribed 1 week of 2mg B.I.D but would no longer prescribe ... I was weaning off the med. and the withdrawals last for months. I've been incredibly sick, sad, shaky, and cannot sleep. I've had to go to the ER twice and they have absolutely no idea what suboxone is. I was attending school and have been too sick to attend (2 semesters from my chemistry degree). This doctor plays games, she acts like suboxone is candy and enjoys the control but when I asked to reduce my dose she always said she wouldn't because I wasn't going to meetings (good way to keep getting kick-backs from Reckitt). This is unethical, wrong, and frankly reprehensible to give patients addictive medicines and not allow them to taper off of the drug. I could go on and on about medical ignorance because I would like to at least give her that excuse rather than accuse her of being a Doctor who lacks compassion; which would violate any reason for her to be a legitimate Psychiatrist.

August 21st, 2012
BEWARE - Unless you have 2-4 hours to sit in a waiting room - find another doctor!
Unless you feel like waiting 3 hours for a psychiatrist who is "in the building - but hasn't made it to the office - after 2 hours" - you'll want to find a different doctor.Apparently, as told by staff AND her own internist, this degree of tardiness is her USUAL!!! Not sure why this woman thinks her time is so much more valuable than everyone else. Not sure if she actually EVER sees a patient or if she always passes them off to her "underlings".HORRIBLE - Went there 3 times in 3 months and NEVER SAW HER!!! Saw her nurse practitioner twice and then her internist the last time - I guess since she can't take the time to make it to the office when she has patients waiting - she needs both to take care of them. Always awesome to pay a premium price for healthcare and never get to actually see the doctor!This doctor should be removed from the medical field - not sure how you disbar a psychiatrist - but they need to do it to this woman. It seems to me that she is causing more psychological problems than she is helping.