Dr. Rabya Mian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 31st, 2016
My daughter has been on allergy shots for 3 years. Enough time to evaluate her progress and she is so much better , cant believe how healthy she is! Year 1- sinus infections and asthma symptoms stopped, Year 2- could tell when she needed her shot (like a little stuffy in the spring) sometimes would need to get her shots more frequent. Year 3 – Symptom free, so far. Really like the staff , I have seen turn over but when I asked about that I was told -they are looking for some who loves their patients as much as they do. I really like the Dr. Mian and staff!

August 30th, 2016
Painless shots and tokens, love it!! Thanks so much feeling great.

August 30th, 2016
Awesome, I started Cluster 6 years ago moved to DC where my allergies are controlled. My peanut allergy remains but I am empowered. I play women’s soccer and my asthma is good! I visit every year while on break, I have met everyone they are awesome!

August 10th, 2016
Unprofessional, at best!
Dr. Mian is wonderful, however she no longer sees patients. The nurse does. Her office staff has an extremely high turnover rate, and the head nurse is very moody and the staff can be rude. The staff do not answer the phone. You must listen to a very long message, with no option of escape, and then leave a message, hoping they'll call back that day. Very inconvenient. There have been a few times when we showed up for shots only to find out the office was closed--during regular business hours! Many times there is nobody at the front desk when you walk in. It's just unprofessional all around. After getting shots for over 4 years, we were told my sons weren't even on the highest dose yet, but they should have been--oops sorry, we don't know how that happened! We left and never went back.

May 12th, 2016
Dr Mian staff is very rude. They can not answer simple questions. You are just a number to them. They do not care about the health of your child.

November 9th, 2015
Thank you!
By far the best I have ever seen! All Medical staff from the DR ,FNP to Medical staff. Always spend the time I need never rushed. I get that they are busy …Looks like everyone wants to get allergy injections at the same time. The good news is they accommodate. All my children are patients at that practice, my daughter plays College Soccer and is symptom free. Her peanut allergy remains but the education she & her trainers are given is priceless. I cant thank them enough.

September 10th, 2015
We have been going to Dr. Mian's office for a year now and have seen her one time. She was wonderful but I'm afraid we may never see her again. The nurse practitioner is who we have had to make appointments with and she has been hit or miss. At times, she has be nasty and impatient but she has also been very sweet once. My son is a very reserved 5 year old boy and the nurses demand he talk to them. One has even followed us out in the 'hallway' when we went there since there are many times no places to sit to basically tell him it was rude not to talk. Bottom line, this office is overcrowded and doesn't have much of a clue. If you must go here, make sure you are paying attention you are getting correct meds, and doses and that you schedule your follow up appointments since they will never advise you when you should be following up.

July 29th, 2014
My experience with this office has been great! I will have a long term relationship with this office. I was always made to feel comfortable and staff is warm and compassionate. I see hundreds of children getting allergy shots and all are cooperative. It amazes me that they are so young and they find it a fun place to be.

July 28th, 2014
impressed
I made an appointment to see physician and much to my surprise i was able to be seen within two weeks. I contacted other allergists in area and the soonest they could see me was much, much further out. The wait time in the office was also very short which is rarely the case in doctor offices. I was diagnosed with asthma, food allergies, and environmental allergies. I was very impressed with the time the physician, nurse practitioner and office staff took to make me feel comfortable and also explain and demonstrate in detail necessary precautions to take for my food allergies and in explaining how and why i was a candidate for allergy shots. They also took extra time explaining how to use the medications i was being prescribed. Something i found to be very helpful was something they call a token program that they use as a sort of insentive program for people getting shots. I thought that to be very thoughful and kind considering many people, including my children, have issues with needles. I cant rave enough about this office. It was a little dificult to reach someone directly on the phone but after leaving a phone message, the receptionist returned my message pretty quickly. I would recommend anyone to this office. I have made appointments for my children in the near future.

September 10th, 2013
I was initially impressed with Dr Mian but when she told she would probably never see my lil girl again and that most appointments are handled by the nurse practitioner, made me a little hesitant. However, I thought the nurse practitioner was nice and thought it might work out. There have been numerous times that I have tried to contact the office only for the phone system to say they are closed even after they just called me to give me sensitive test results or to cancel an appointment that my daughter has that same day. The office staff has no clue as to what is going on. The receptionist called me and said my daughters test results were in and she needed some extra shots. Well, we had never had tests done. We went to get blood allergy testing done at the lab they suggested we go to. I called the dr office the day before and said that we were going the next morning and wanted to make sure they had sent over the orders because my daughter is 1.5 yrs old and obviously doesn't sit and wait very well. They said no problem sending them over. Then I called the morning of to make sure they did and the office staff said yes sending over now. Well I got there 1 hr later and no orders!!! Then we had to wait 45 minutes for them to send over the orders. I was told at our previous appointment that my daughter was going to be blood tested for certain food allergies, then when we got to the lab for the blood work (during the 45 min we were waiting ) the nurse practitioner got on the phone and said that we couldn't do that anymore because there were other things she needed at that time. I seriously could go on and on about little things like this that have happened since we became patients there about 6 months ago. The location was convenient but besides that, that is all I have liked about this practice!

June 29th, 2013
Great dr!
Dr Mian is fabulous. Very knowledgeable, goes out if her way to explain things (even drawing pictures), and she's very thorough. She took her time answering my questions. She is also compassionate. She took the time to express how difficult my symptoms must be. I also really liked everyone I dealt with in her office. I'd highly recommend her!

January 22nd, 2013
This review is pertaining to the nurse practitioner, nurse manager and nurse assistant. My daughter spent less than 10 minutes with Dr. Mian after receiving allergy testing. When my daughter started allergy shots she was nervous. She has always been afraid of needles and has a condition that causes her to faint easily. The "nurse manager" seemed very surprised that my daughter was upset and showed little compassion towards her and instead talked loud and told her to calm down. My daughter did fine, she had 12 shots, and we were there for the 2 hours that was required. The next day she was fine had no complaints but the following day her arms were itching. The next week we came back for an appointment and told the nurse practitioner that she had some itching (the nurse manager told us to report side effects) the nurse practitioner told us she was given basically "water" and that a reaction was impossible. My daughter was nervous about the shots again only because she had just spent time a few days earlier at the emergency room following an anaphylactic incident from food allergy. She still felt bad (nauseated) because of the incident, the nurse said this was all caused by her anxiety. She kept talking about how "4 year olds" and "11 year olds" get shots and is so good about it. She was insulting. She also said if she was my daughter’s mother she would make her "buck up" and take the shots. She also said she could just not take them at all. I suggested going slower on the shots and was surprised that she did not suggest this. There are other things that were said and done by the nursing staff that made me feel uncomfortable. We are switching allergists and plan to continue with immunotherapy (shots). My daughter is a very mature and responsible teen, she is a straight A student and is involved in animal rights activism she is also quiet and very SENSITIVE which is what many people with allergies are.. Do not go to this doctor if you only want to deal with nurses and if your child is sensitive or tender hearted.