Dr. Racheal Whitaker MD Patient Reviews

4.7

July 20th, 2015
Dr. Whitaker was an amazing Obstertrician and I feel that the state of Louisiana lost a gem when she retired.

May 20th, 2015
Dr. Rachael L. Whitaker (fabulous)
She's a great provider she delivered my baby girl in 2009 & it was a great experience . Dr. Whitaker's personality is awesome & she's an African-American. I love her & I would recommend her to anyone.

May 24th, 2013
Veru good doctor. She puts your mind at ease and makes you less nervous. I went to her when she was at Schumpert. Her staff wasn't that good at Schumpert. I had a miscarriage and her nurse showed no sympathy for me at all. The nurse act as if it was no big deal. I would definitely recommend her..

February 26th, 2013
Horrified
When I first met her she was great, warm, friendly, knowledgeable and relatable. First impressions are not always accurate. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and my experience with dr Whitaker has been horrible. She is always in a hurry, I feel like she never listens or takes me seriously, I went into labor and delivery for symptoms of preeclampsia on a Sunday, ended up getting treated for a uti with antibiotics via iv, they kept me overnight and told me she would come in to evaluate the situation in the morning, 7 am the next day the nurse comes in and tells me that she said I can go home...not even 2 days later I was back in the hospital with a fever, went in later in the evening, kept me overnight again. I waited until around 2pm when she finally came by-only bc she was doing a delivery on the floor..she was very rude and unfriendly, like she is put out or can't be bothered by her patient...I would not send my least favorite person to her! If it weren't for the fact that Its too late to switch doctors i would have already! I'd you choose to go To her go at your own risk.

June 28th, 2012
WOW!!!! She is simply awesome!
I saw Dr. Whitaker last week, and was a bit apprehensive because I had seen the same doctor for years. She blew me away!! She was engaging, honest and cared about more than just my pap. She talked to me in her office after the visit. She educated me, and took time to answer my questions until I totally understood every one of them. She makes her e-mail available to her patients, and when I e-mailed her, I got a prompt response. She is the kind of doctor I would trust with my mother.

April 15th, 2012
Excellence!
Dr. Whitaker is an amazing doctor! She has a wonderful bedside manner and is an excellent teacher, coach, and provider!

September 25th, 2011
A true angel
There are not words to describe a Dr. like Dr. Whitaker, she is truely an angel. She is so caring and takes the time out to listen ton what you have to say. So compassionate Just an awesome doctor. I had a complicated pregnancy and I know deep in my heart that it is because of her my daughter is alive today. Because she listened to my symptoms and did not simply discount them like other Dr., she had the knowledge and skill to deliver me ahead of time, and I am truely grateful.

February 17th, 2011
One of the Best I've seen in a Long Time
I was referred to Dr. Whitaker by the VA Medical Center for some medical procedures that they did not offer. I was apprehensive at first due to a very bad experience with another Ob/Gyn doctor. I met Dr. Whitaker and she was like a breath of fresh air! Not only was she extremely polite and knowledgeable , but she was so caring and forthcoming with me. She talked to me and not down to me. She seemed to honestly listen. That's very rare with doctors! She did my surgery and she spoke with me before the surgery, after I came out of recovery , and then again before she left for the evening. She saw me everyday while I was admitted, and ALWAYS with a smile on her face!! I love her!!! She can teach alot of doctors a thing or two about how to treat a patient!!!

November 10th, 2010
GREAT OB/GYN DOCTOR..... Would Highly recommend
Dr. Whitaker has a very good bedside manner. She takes the time to talk to each patient as it there is no other pt. waiting-answers all questions and made me feel at each about my problems. I would highly recommend her for any pregnancy or gyn problems. Great surgeon. I just can't say enough about her. Just a good doctor all around. She came highly recommended to me and now I highly recommend her to u...