Dr. Rachel Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017
Always late, always in a rush, does not read your labs and charts
My advise, find another Obgyn. Highly disorganized and spends no time with you.

June 1st, 2016
Horrible experience
My first time visit with Bernstein. Very rude, unprofessional, combative, and made me feel very uncomfortable. The staff was just as bad. No guidance with further testing to have done. Horrible experience. I will not go back to her. I suggest you find another Dr. Leaves me with low esteem, after that initial visit.

May 26th, 2016
I went to Dr. Bernstein expecting to feel more comfortable as mostly male doctors have been my experience. She was very condescending in her bedside manner & rather flippant. Also asked personal questions about past sex life without explaining why this info was necessary. I switched to another Doc.

September 23rd, 2015
Scatterbrained
She double booked me here, but she referred me to doctors with more expertise. Enough said. Who exclaims to a patient, "you're wacky" for going to her for a third opinion? She does. I wanted a welcoming family feeling from an ObGyn, and I didn't get it. I'm in a monogamous marriage but because she isn't patient-centered, she thinks that I have a new partner. For a doctor who shuns bad online ratings, she just earned another one.

July 23rd, 2015
Wonderful Doctor, very happy, would (and have) recommended to others!!
Firstly, I feel I must address the negative comments. although one may be justified if surgery has had complications, but as for the wait time and 'rude' staff it is what it is. She is not in control of others actions, and the receptionist is not the doctor so who cares if they may be straight to the point with you? As for Dr Bernstein, she has to prioritize patience's and spend as much time as needed with them. In my eyes that makes her a good doctor and THAT WILL DELAY YOUR APPOINTMENT. Also, she is an OBGYN, she cannot predict when she is going to have to deliver a baby, therefore you have to wait or reschedule. simple. That mother and baby's safety comes before your well-women visit. I have been with her through my entire pregnancy and think she has been wonderful. My pregnancy came as a shock to my husband and I , and I was a nervous wreck for the majority of it - she helped me every step of the way. She answered all my questions, never judged or felt a question was too silly which really put me at ease. I am due to give birth in a matter of weeks and know she will make sure myself and the baby have a safe delivery. I have referred her to many of my pregnant friends and they all love her.

April 21st, 2015
Horrible Patient Care
This office is unprofessional. I was treated like a number, not a valued patient in my opinion. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. On my first office visit in 2013, I waited an hour and a half to see doctor Bernstein. She did apologize but said other patience with more pressing matters came before me. I understood that but was shocked by the attitude that came along with it. Then I get a notice from my insurance company to schedule my Well Woman Exam 2015. I had forgotten what happened on my first visit so I called their office to schedule my appointment. I get there and the receptionist informs me that she does not have me scheduled for an appointment and I can reschedule. Her tone is unfriendly and dismissive. I do not feel like arguing with the receptionist but I know I did schedule an appointment for that day. So I do reschedule for the following week. The day of my appointment I wait for 45 minutes in the patient room BEFORE Dr. Bernstein walks in to greet me. I’m looking at my watch as she enters the room, she does not offer any kind of apology and basically said it is what it is and she can't do anything about the time. She made me feel like she had so many patients that if I didn't like it, I could leave. Well, I am already there and I need the exam so I shut my mouth and smile knowing that when I get home I will write this review. I will never go back .

January 29th, 2015
I typically don't care for too many doctors given my family has a background in medicine, but I've recommended Dr. Bernstein to many friends and I drive about 10 miles out of my way to see her. She listens and spends time with you. She will actually think about your case and what you need.

November 21st, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!
Dr Bernstein has been my GYNO for almost 5 years. I have always felt super comfortable with her, been able to get appointments in a reasonable time period and only once have I ever had to wait past my appointment time to see her (that's rare for OBs since they are called in for deliveries often!). She has taken the time to talk with me about any questions I have. When she isn't available her nurse is AWESOME and always returns calls and explains everything well. I am now pregnant and am in her office a LOT. At our first visit she had myself and my husband come into her office after the exam and discussed a lot of details with us and answered all our questions - we were there for about an hour (they scheduled us for that long apparently). Since then she has always been super supportive (I have gone in there very emotional more than once during this pregnancy), has always taken the time to encourage me to ask questions and given me thorough answers. Her front desk staff isn't gushing with happiness and friendliness - but are never rude, are always prompt and answer my questions. I moved clear across the county and still drive all the way there as I am so happy with her as my doctor!

April 20th, 2014
Worst OB/GYN ever…terrible bedside manners, rude, dismissive and overall a horrible dr.

April 15th, 2014
Dr. Berstein came highly recommended to me by 4 friends.....
I went to Dr. Bernstein after several of my good friends highly recommended her to me. She is very knowledgeable, spent more time than any doctor ever has with me listening to every question with intelligent answers that I could understand. I would recommend her to my mother and to all of my friends. One of the best ob/GYN DOCTORS I have seen in South Florida.

March 13th, 2014
If you are pregnant stay away from this doctor!
Dr. Bernstein lacked the knowledge about a common but serious issue I encountered during my pregnancy. I still can't figure it was lack of experience or lack of care but my advice for any moms-to-be is to stay away from this doctor. Whenever read bad reviews about doctors I think that could just have been an isolated case but now I realize how huge of a mistake I made when I went to her.

October 23rd, 2013
AMAZING
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DOCTOR BERNSTEIN FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS AND I CAN SAY EVERYTIME I STEP INTO HER OFFICE I FEEL WELCOMED AND SHE TAKES HER TIME WITH ME AND SHE GETS TO KNOW YOU NOT JUST ANOTHER PETIENT I LOVE HER I TRY TO SEND ALL MY FRIENDS TO HER. SHE EVEN GAVE REFERRED ME TO ONE OF HER FRIENDS FOR MY BREAST REDUCTION I HAD THIS YEAR.