Dr. Rachel Oiknine Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rachel Oiknine?

August 10th, 2016

Depressing Demeanor

I am troubled by Dr. Fishman's demeanor. I have seen her just a few times, she has yet to smile or greet me cordially. The visits have each lasted less than 5 minutes, no explanation of test results etc., just the list of rapid fire general questions. She dresses elegantly, nail polish on fingers and toes, not what I expect of a doctor. Something seems 'off'. I'd like to change doctors but I feel trapped at St. Luke's.

July 26th, 2016

This is the worse doctor I have ever seen. She was very rushed and gave an incorrect diagnosis, which has lead to serious health issues

June 28th, 2016

Unlike many other reviewers I had a very positive experience with Dr. Rachel Fishman. After my physician referral I was seen that same week. The nurses were courteous and walked me through the new patient paperwork and asked important and relevant questions in a timely manner. Between seeing the nurse and Dr. Fishman was about 15 minutes, but when she came in she sat and made professional conversation with me and had clearly examined my medical records and labs from my referring Doctor. We discussed my diagnosis, I was able to ask questions, and she developed a follow up process (which has been followed to a T.) I would recommend Dr. Fishman-Oiknine to any friend or family member.

May 11th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Saw her for thyroid problems. She was very thorough and explained each test/outcome. Have recommended her to others.

November 5th, 2015

Avoid if possible

It is extremely hard to find an endocrinologist here in St. Louis most are booked about 3 months out. Her father was referred to me and apparently he is the best in the area. Since he was booked 3 months out the receptionist offered to have me meet with Rachel. Horrible experience, the entire visit with her which is about 10 min long she is talking fast and doesn't make eye contact. She is typing and looking at the computer even when she is asking questions. I had recently (about 2 weeks ago) had gotten labs done and instead of agreeing to see those she requested all new labs. When I was reviewing which labs were ordered they were the exact ones I had just got done. I felt uncomfortable the entire visit and felt like a puzzle. None of my questions were answered nor did she express interest in explaining anything. I get the whole transition to the electronic option but if I see a doctor I prefer a personal experience with sincere interest in helping me feel better.

February 7th, 2015

well she's quick i'll give her that...

She didn't spend much time w/me. Told me they found a lump, sent me to biopsy, did that came and and told me it's cancer...needs to come out asap. Ok... here's surgeons to call... i was out the door in 10 min. leaving in a haze of confusion/questions. Didn't see her again til 4 wks after surgery. Came in and she couldn't answer any questions b/c she didn't know my levels, took blood work that day & said "a nurse will call me w/my results and adjust or change meds then...see ya in 3 months.." UM WHAT!? Shouldn't i come in and do blood work then come back and see dr. to go over my results...? Why do i have to get my questions answered by a nurse- can she not answer them? Frustrated. Looking for a new endo. :(

April 25th, 2017