Dr. Rachel Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.5
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

November 4th, 2016
Dr. Brown is great, but don't expect your prescriptions to be processed anytime soon.
I was referred to Dr. Brown by my family physician, for treatment of a serious case of bone loss due to Osteoporosis. I found Dr. Brown to be knowledgeable, attentive, and she gave me a prescription for an infusion that was vital for treatment of my condition. My appointment was in the beginning of September, and even though it is now November, my prescription has yet to be processed successfully. I have called Dr. Brown’s office repeatedly trying to resolve any issues, but I only reach an answering service. Finally I took time off from work to go back to her office to ask the staff to send the prescription to the insurance company for approval. I called BCBS insurance while in the Dr.’s office, and they told her staff over the phone that they had no record of the prescription request. They provided a fax number and asked that the order be faxed over so they could process it. Before leaving the office, I asked the secretary if they would please try to process the order as soon as possible because I had not had any medication for several weeks. The office secretary told me that they were backed up with other cases, and they would get to mine after they finished processing the other orders. I was completely shocked. I left the office in disbelief at their lack of concern. I waited another week and then called the insurance company to see if Dr. Brown’s office ever sent in the prescription request. I was told they had not, …so I told them my story, and they went out of their way to call Dr. Brown’s office directly, to get approval for the prescription. It has now been 2 months since the original visit to see Dr. Brown and I still have not received my medication. I was told today, that a "prior approval" statement, needed by CVS Pharmacy, was sent to Dr. Brown’s office, but has not been returned. I ask you, what good is a great Doctor if you can’t get your medication?