Dr. Rachel Humphrey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

April 29th, 2016
Love Dr.Humphrey
not all pregnancy end happy but Dr Humphrey was there when my son was born and she was so kind and explained everything very well and took the time to just listen in what i had to say and hopefully my next pregnancy will end happy and i can work with Dr.Humphrey again

August 26th, 2015
She misdiagnosed my child and she stereotypes and is very prejudice

December 5th, 2014
Exceptional Doctor
Upon my first visit early on in my pregnancy I was completely blown away. Dr Humphrey always made my husband and I feel like her number one priority. She has excellent bedside manner and took the time out to not only answer every one of our questions, but also provide recent statistics to back up what she was saying. This is my second pregnancy, and my second high risk doctor. My first doctor was horrendous. I wish we would've met Dr Humphrey a long time ago. In addition to Dr Humphrey being an exceptional doctor,, her office was always clean, we were always seen in a timely manner and the ultrasound staff was wonderful, taking their time during every exam. I would recommend Dr Humphrey to anyone needing a fetal specialist.

August 6th, 2014
I highly recommend Dr Humphrey
I was referred to Dr Humphrey early in my pregnancy. Dr Humphrey impressed me at first because she was so professional and well informed. I am a logical thinker and she referenced statistical data/study results when providing explanations to my many questions. In addition, she would ask appropriate questions which told me she wanted to be sure that she had the whole picture and took time to fully answer my questions as well as give further details as appropriate so that I too felt very informed. As my pregnancy progressed, I was in need of a procedure which required me to be admitted to the hospital. As expected, Dr Humphrey visited prior to the surgery. What I did not expect is that she stayed with me through the entire process including walking me down the hall, looking me in the eye, discussing all the following: concerns, questions, and just general conversation to keep me informed and also comfortable. I had this same procedure prior with my older son, and my doctor at that time whisked into the room, spoke primarily to nursing staff, whisked back out and that was that. I didn't actually have a problem with this as that is what I expect of surgeons; however, this time with Dr Humphrey, I was not alone. I had the company of someone that I had grown to know and trust as my doctor and she made sure that I knew she was there for me. I don't care how many hospitals you've been in or how prepared you think you are, when you are on the gurney being rolled into surgery, nerves set in. I asked the nurses in recovery if she was always like that, and they confirmed that she treats everyone with equal respect... they too were obviously impressed. She sets a positive tone in her office as well, her nursing/admin staff obviously love their jobs and there is a courteous/personal focus on each patient. This level of patient care cannot be beat. She is a great doctor because she is a specialist that keeps up on the latest developments in her field, but she is the BEST doctor because she cares. I had my daughter at 37 weeks and I am sure that I would not have made it that far along if it weren't for Dr Humphrey. I am truly grateful to be her patient and highly recommend her.

January 3rd, 2014
AWESOME CARE
The care was exceptional. Dr. Humphrey was very attentive and had great bedside manner. She takes the time to explain difficult situations in a way that you can understand. Her staff is awesome. This whole team is very caring and is absolutely one that I would recommend to everyone.

November 26th, 2013
Amazing provider
After a terrible experience with another local maternal and fetal specialist I was referred to Dr. Humphrey. What a difference! My pregnancy was in good hands. Dr. Humphrey has incredible bedside manner and went the extra mile for me in addition to her extensive knowledge. I trust her completely and while another specialist suggested I terminate my pregnancy Dr. Humphrey was in my corner and helped to alleviate any concerns I had. We now have a healthy baby boy and we will forever be thankful for Dr. Humphrey's care. I recommend her 110%.

June 19th, 2013
Capable
Dr. Humphrey is an intelligent and capable doctor. At the same time, she is the most expensive among the 3 high risk specialists. Specifically, we were charged ~$429/ hour (with insurance discount) for initial consultation. We were also charged for additional hour. We have to agree that she is an excellent communicator. She explained all options to us. We will be remiss to not mention that she does not take calls and the Messaging Service tells high risk pregnancy patient to go to ER

September 26th, 2012
She gave us hope...
After experiencing a late loss during my 1st pregnancy, I was in need of a high risk specialist for my 2nd pregnancy. After having a consultation with another high risk doctor, and leaving his office feeling like we were "just another patient" and not a real person with real, unique issues (medically and emotionally), I begged my OB to expedite my care somewhere else since I was in need of a preventative surgery that had to be done within a certain time frame of the 1st trimester. I had an appointment within the next week. I saw Dr. Humphrey on a Thursday (the cutoff for my surgery was within a week of that day). Dr. Humphrey rescheduled a meeting she had for the next day so she could get my surgery in. She went over a complete healthcare plan after she took the time to ask me questions about my previous pregnancy. I felt that she and her staff tried to take care of our emotional state as well as medical state the entire pregnancy. I trust her 110%. I cannot fully express my gratitude to her or her staff for the support and care they provided to us at each individual appointment. I felt as though I was her only patient and that me and my baby were truly cared for. Dr. Humphrey not only gave us medical care, she gave us support, encouragement, honesty, and hope.

September 20th, 2012
Phenomenal Doctor
Dr. Humphrey is a kind, compassionate and intelligent doctor. She spent close to an hour with us on our initial visit and really listened to our whole story. After being bounced around with different doctors over several months, I can't tell you how nice it was to have someone finally listen, look at the big picture and really take the reigns on our pregnancy. She came up with a game plan, explained everything to us extensively and made us feel comfortable with every step. She is a phenomenal doctor!! The office is beautiful and the staff was courteous every visit. We could not have asked for a better experience :)

April 10th, 2012
Aetna- high risk pregnancy
This is the most amazing dr I have ever met. She is God sent. She's absolutely brilliant & very caring! I've never felt more comfortable with any other dr in my life, & I've had quiet a history with many drs in the past. She takes her time, never rushes you, answers all your questions, and goes out of her way for you. This is a true role model of what drs should be like. She's amazing.

November 2nd, 2011
Great doctor. I would recommend her to anyone.