Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Find a different doctor show details Find a different doctor
Jan 25th, 2015

I started seeing this person about 3 yrs ago for a back and groin injury that was the result of having a horse I was training spin out from under me. The first 3 visits she tried to use pressure points to "fix" my back injury. It didn't work after that she would just shrug and say she didn't know what to do. For the next 4 months I kept asking for a referral to a Neurologist or an Orthopedic doctor outside of Plumas county but she would not give me one (which is a violation of patient rights). Then a friend told me about her Neurologist that was in portola, so I asked for a referral to him, hurlburt didn't want to give me the referral because the Neurologist was not associated with her clinic, however after another 4 months I finally got the referral. A year and a half ago my Neurologist retired so I again asked for a referral to someone Outside of plumas county. The only referral she would give me was to a psyciatris, because now supposedly the pain is all in my head, and a pain dr. which I saw twice and will Not see again because she is a cracked out quack who says stupid things like I know your injured but you just need to push through the pain (which is the perfect way to make an injury worse), and you have a skinny face so your ment to be thin. hurlburt has been extreamly rude and has steadfastly refused for the last year and a half to give me a referral to a specialist outside of plumas county saying things like "we don't refer to outside specialist only to the ones that come to their clinic" (which is a conflict of interest), or she can't give me a referral "because I would just be laughed out of the office", or ask why do I need a referral what is another doctor going to tell me. If I knew what another doctor would say I wouldn't need a referral I could fix myself! On my last visit I took a friend with me as a witness and again asked for a referral, I am tired of this Thing that calls herself a doctor constantly being rude and violating my right to a second opinion. I will Not be seeing her any more and will be filing a complaint with the state medical board. If you are thinking about seeing this person Don't your better off finding someone else. And like my friends and i always tell people your better off seeing a doctor outside of plumas county, they just dont know enough or get experience with enough stuff here.

Beware if pregnant show details Beware if pregnant
Dec 17th, 2011

I have had two experiences with Dr. Hurlburt and both went poorly. At one emergency visit she told me I was having a miscarraige and I was not and did not. In the second visit when I was in the ER she declined to come and see me stating she had faith in her instrumentation. I ended up driving two hours to the closest medical facility. They hooked me up to equipment and said my concerns were valid and gave me a treatment which stopped the problem.