Dr. Rachel Quinby MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2015
Doctor personality
She is very thorough just not as personable as you would think a skin doctore would be , but she does her job and we trust her

February 26th, 2015
My first contact with the office was wonderful. Office staff knowledgable and friendly. It did not take long to get an appointment. The medical staff that pulled me back to a room was very thorough and went over exact cost of my visit. Dr. Quinby came in and explained to me that the lesion on my face was more than likely benign. She discussed my treatment options in detail. I chose to have a shave biopsy to remove it. The spot healed up nicely with no scarring. I would definitely recomment this office and Dr. Quinby.

January 29th, 2015
Do not see Dr Quinby
Do not see this doctor. Moved here from out of state and I told her I had been diagnosed with a precancerous on my face and she did not even look at it and would not give prior approval to the insurance company for the medication I was using . Also, my appointment was for a full exam and she did not even look at one of my arms. She seemed so disinterested except when she wanted me to have another place on my face frozen so that she could charge me more money. As soon as you walked into the office the nurse tells you how much you have to pay, out of pocket, because your insurance will not cover everything. All this doctor cares about is money.

June 27th, 2012
The office staff was rude and gave misinformation with regards to insurance and billing inquiries. The office manager is horrible to deal with.

May 7th, 2012
Felt Rushed
I gave the assistant all the information I needed to visit with Dr. Quinby minus a few things I had forgotten. Dr. Quinby came in, went over my list of items, answered my questions, then turned to leave. I stopped her saying that I wanted to discuss a few more things. She seemed bothered and rushed to leave like I was just another patient to get out the door. She wasn't sure what some spots were and told me to watch them. I didn't like that. I felt rushed and uncomfortable. I will be looking for another Dermatologist.

May 3rd, 2012
I thought Dr Quinby is great
I have been a patient for over 5 years and my entire family see her. She is caring and direct about the importance of my care since there is a history of personal and family skin cancer. I know she is there to take care of what I need and doesn't try to talk me into having procedures done that I don't need. I highly recommend her.

January 3rd, 2011
Beware of This Doctor
I saw Dr. Quinby a total of four times and each time was misdiagnosed. I was rapidly losing hair and she continuously said it was psoriasis and provided a steroid treatment that only made the condition worse. In exasperation I decided to get a second opinion...well it turns out it was what I initially thought it was which she completely dismissed as the cause at each of my appointments. After finally getting the proper treatment my hair is now growing back. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone...she can't make correct diagnoses and she literally has no bedside manner, empathy, or caring for her patients. If you value your health, time and money do not see this doctor.

December 22nd, 2010
2 minutes office visit,
Within 2 minutes office visit, she appears no caring,and try to leave the room immediately. She didn't answer question that I only have, in the end, I paid $40 for co-payment, and my receipt shows I had 20 minutes for office visit.

December 11th, 2010
Uncomfortable
Dr. Quinby is very aloof or so I felt anyway. It was as if touching me or interacting with me would somehow bring her "down to my level" and she was very uninterested in any kind of discussion with me. Diagnosed and was gone. Once this treatment is completed, I will not return. She may be an excellent physician in other respects but to keep patients, I feel she needs to see patients as human and not cases.

July 11th, 2017