Dr. Rachid Aouchiche MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Fort Myers, FL

3.9

July 19th, 2015
Exceptional doctor. Wait times are sometimes long due to his thoroughness with his patients. Been to him several times.

July 4th, 2015
Great experience
This is an exceptional physician, not only for his bedside manner but also for his knowledge and accuracy of diagnosis. I was referred to him after several doctors were unable to diagnose my problem with double vision for several months. He was also able to treat me and make my problem resolve after a short time. I highly recommend him if you want someone who doesn't take the easy way out.

April 5th, 2015
Great doctor
Dr Aouchiche did my cataract surgeries with great results and great follow-up care. He even called the evening after my surgeries,something that no other doctor had done before. His staff is also always helpful and courteous,even when you have to wait to see him. This does sometimes happen,which has to be expected when you see good physician. Dr Aouchiche is a class act and I highly recommend him.

February 25th, 2015
Very poor services

February 21st, 2015
Wonderful physician
I have to disagree with these reviews. Dr Aouchiche is the most caring and competent ophthalmologist that I have seen. Not only is he extremely knowledgable, he also takes the time to explain your condition and its treatment in ways that are easy to understand. I had double vision for 17 years and he cured it after one muscle surgery. Even after that he never out the emphasis on himself nor was he condescending, which I think is a great humam quality. I highly recommend him. He is the best!! P.S. His staff is great too!!

January 31st, 2015
Rude rude office staff. I would not recommend this "practice". The doctor did not seem to care. He proposed my symptoms could not be as bad as I was experiencing. He suggested I come back in 2 weeks, and would redo my exam...so why? So I could pay twice for the same thing....I might be 74, but I'm not stupid. Is it really all about the money?

December 29th, 2014
Very very sad experience. No problem getting the appointment...they got me in...got my money...and that's where it ended. Trying to get in touch with him after the appointment was near impossible i waited 2 1/2 hours in the office. Counted 23 other patients, 9 of which walked out..2 were pacing about the waiting area..and many were comparing notes on how long they were waiting. One patient yelled at the staff for their extremely long wait. The Doctor was very condescending, abrupt, and basically did not want to listen to the chronology of events that led me to his office.So I went to another opthomologist who gave me a diagnosis, and a course of treatment, during the appointment. To Dr. Aouchiche's staff I would say take a course in how to be human....

December 11th, 2014
Bad experience. Would not recommend.

Eye Health referred me to Dr_Rachid Aouchiche. Poor service

December 11th, 2014
Does not answer phone during day or emergency calls
This doctor does not answer his phone during the day or at night for an emergency call. Not even an answering service. You get an answering machine and you get NO phone call back. I explained my dad was in severe pain and it was an emergency. I called 2 times within 2-3 hours. It was in the early evening. NO phone call back even the next day. Called left messages during business hours for 2 days in a row. NO return call. BEWARE

October 25th, 2013
A couple of concerns
I went to Dr. Aouchiche wanting a specific treatment but apparently the receptionist making my appointment apparently didn't know it was something he didn't do. Once I arrived I had a preliminary exam by one of his staff who tried to sell me an eye exam for glasses for $20 but it had nothing to do with the reason I was there. Next, when I met the Doctor he explained that he couldn't perform the treatment I needed but that I had another potential problem that he needed to correct with a laser procedure. I found this strange since I had seen 5 retinal specialists in the previous few months and none of them mentioned that I had this particular problem. Later, when talking to one of his employees, she stated that Dr. Aouchiche owned the facility there these laser procedures were performed. He seemed like a nice guy but there were too many questionable issues for me to recommend him as a physician.

December 6th, 2011
Truly the best!
My entire experience was with Dr. Aouchiche, staff and entire procedure was perfect.I have never worked with a doctor who was so professional, knowledgable, kind and experienced as Dr. Aouchiche. If you will be working with Dr. Aouchiche in the future, rest assured, you are in the best hands!