Dr. Rachna Relwani MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

June 25th, 2016
very good

December 10th, 2014
Terrible experience with a disinterested physician!
I have been going to Dr. Relwani for 18 months. I recently had my thyroid removed and the surgeon told me the biopsy was cancer. When I went to Dr. Relwani after that, I asked her about the biopsy and her immediate response was that she did not get a copy of it. I told her the surgeon's office had sent it over, and she then acknowledged that she had received it. I knew she received it because she immediately went into scheduling me for RAI treatment. That was the highlight of my last visit. As for the blood work, I had to ask her when I would hear from her and she gave me an annoyed look and said in three or four days. Her nurse actually called me with the results the next day. When I asked what amount of thyroid medicine I should take while waiting for the blood work results, she literally said "take whatever you want". She is a terrible communicator, acts annoyed when answering my questions or give me critical information, does not help me understand anything about my condition, and basically does not even look at me during the visit and just sits in front of her computer typing the whole time. I cannot even get her to accurately call in my revised thyroid medicine prescription. I don't know if she is not competent as a doctor or just does not like what she is doing or her patients. I will not continue on with her and will find a doctor who is actually concerned and interested in my health.

October 27th, 2014
bad,bad ...
I had an appointment with this DR,and I couldn't believe how cold and uncompassionate she was,....She looks that she hated her job!I never met a doctor like this and believe me I saw a lot.Her face looks like a mask,this women can't smile.She barely talk.Wow! She dind't tested my glycemia and I told her that I'm prediabetic. Horrible experience!When i check out I asked the lady from the desk if I can can change her next time with another doctor and she said no!Bye,bye Laureate group!!!!

September 9th, 2014
Absolute worst bedside manner ever of any doctor I go to. Acted like she didn't want to be there and couldn't be bothered to even look at me while she spoke. She was indifferent and cold. Suggested I just stop eating carbs (type 2 diabetes)! Really????? If it was that simple there would be no type 2's! I won't be back.

November 30th, 2013
Nice But ........
I have been going to Dr. Relwani for about 5 years and being treated for hypothyroidism. I was referred to her because my GP could not regulate my TSH. I always have my labs done within a week of going in for an appointment with her. I also chart the last six full lab results on an Excel spreadsheet and take it in to her. I am on two different meds., Synthroid and Cytomel, for thyroid treatment. When I go in and the number is below 1.0, she will say "you know what this means" and changes my meds. without even asking how I am feeling. Needless to say, I will feel good and then when I go back in after 3 months for a follow up and describe what has changed since the meds. change she says well your numbers are good or those symptoms aren't associated with your thyroid. Duh, she needs to read Emory University, Mayo Clinic, or other Endocrinologists information on thyroid disesase.

September 23rd, 2013
seems like a very "new" doctor!
Dr Relwani seems like a very "new" doctor. She is nice but doesn't seem to know what the "next step" should be if she still can't figure out what's wrong with you. She is good at emailing you back on the patient portal, however not good at calling you back if you need to talk to her. So, if you are proactive in your health and have a list of tests you need done, then Dr Relwani is for you!

August 16th, 2012
Very dissapointed, she totally discounted my symptoms and previous medical tests. After run.ning a few more test said she couldnt explain my medical problems, but they should be watched. Then she said she. Old see nothing to prusue

January 7th, 2011
Excellent appointment!
My wife was adamant about getting a second opinion if the news is bad. After our time with Dr. Relwani, my wife said whatever she says, we will do! She is pleasant, professional, and gives an amazing impression of competence. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

December 11th, 2010
Excellent Physician
I visited Dr. Relwani for the first time earlier this year for a hyperthyroid condition that had been diagnosed by my internist. I found her to be very professional and knowledgeable, and very easy to talk to regarding finding the causes of the condition and the choices of treatment. The followup visits have all been of the same high quality. She has a wonderful bedside manner and is always open to questions. She has my trust completely and I would highly recommend her to others.

December 10th, 2010
Kind and Informative
I needed to see an endocrinologist and was referred to Dr. Relwani. Did not know much about her, but she was very caring and informative. She listened, asked questions (didn't presume to know everything without asking questions like some MDs), and was very practical in her advise. She was polite, very caring and from listening to her, you can tell she is really smart and knows her stuff!

August 6th, 2009
Rachna Relwani is a horrible doctor!!
This doctor is not to be trusted. She does not know medicine and does not know what she is doing. How she got a position in this otherwise okay medical practise is beyond us! She is a horrible doctor, has a rotten bedside manner, and clearly hates what she is doing. Don't trust this woman!!

July 25th, 2016