Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Maternal-Fetal Medicine PC
800 Cooper Ave
Ste 7
Saginaw, MI 48602
989-755-4515
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Friendly and thorough  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Dr. Cherukuri was very nice and went through everything with us. She was only a little hard to understand at times but mostly easy to understand. She explained our options for further testing or treatment as well as our possible options for future decisions to be made. The RN was very friendly and had excellent bedside manners. She did the first U/S explaining a little of what she saw before the doctor came in to complete her U/S. She was right on top of everything and seemed very knowledgeable.The main receptionist was friendly, but the other office staff was rude and would not allow my husband to use the restroom because it was for the women only. Overall, very happy with the staff and referral.

|  Awesome doctor, terrible front desk people.  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

The doctor was great; her office staff are rude, discourteous and very unhelpful. They talk down to me on the phone and it took almost 6 weeks to schedule an appointment (an additional three weeks to get in), even after my OB called them three times to get it straightened out. There is one younger office girl who is very nice though and helpful.The doctor was very good, very knowledgable and explained everything well and answered all of our questions. She had great bedside manner too. It was worth putting up with all of the receptionist drama to see the doctor.

|  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

I have not even been to my appointment yet, however I have to agree with many of the reviews.. The schedulers, receptionist etc... they are not friendly and act as if you are a bother. I have to say it does worry me about the Doctor. However, from the reviews above she doesnt seem to be the problem. Why cant people just be friendly and nice, Im sure if they were having to do what we women over 35 have to go through during pregnancy they certainly would not appreciate someone speaking or treating them like that. Come on ladies, get it together...

|  I would rethink using her  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

I was sent to this doctor because of my age. I am 38 and anyone over 35 is sent by my OBGYN for the first ultrasound. My first visit, the receptionist was rude and acted as if I was a bother. The waiting room is long and narrow with very uncomfortable seats.When the ultrasound began the technician doing the ultrasound was very good at explaining what we were seeing and that everything looked good with baby.Then the "doomsday" doctor came in. She was not very good at explaining what she was looking at. She noted I had a short cervix and wanted to see me again at the end of the week to check to see if it was shorter. Being my first pregnancy, I didn't understand what any of that meant and she wasn't very good at explaining. My husband and I left terrified that we could lose the baby at any minute.She has ordered me to bedrest for an indefinite amount of time and I have to see her once a week for another ultrasound to measure the cervix. Each time I go there, the wait time is longer in the lobby and we leave frustrated and scared. It seems as though she is reaching for anything and ordering all kinds of unneccessary tests.If you are sent to her, I would ask to be referred somewhere else, although, it may be difficult to find someone else. She has another doctor in her office, but he won't offer a second opinion.

|  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

I saw Dr.Cherukuri for a 25 week ultrasound because there was some concern about my son's heart valves. She was very good at explaining what they thought the problem may have been and I felt comfortable asking questions. (luckily his heart was fine)When I went into preterm labor Dr.Cherikuri was the doctor that did my amniocentesis to check for my son's lung maturity. She made me feel safe during the procedure.

|  Great doctor, horrible staff  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

In trying to get an appointment, both myself and my referring OBGYN were greeted with a rude attitude by the scheduler. Upon arriving (which, pursuant to the informational pamphlet, needs to be 15 minutes before the appointment), the office workers were curt. I then had to wait in the lobby for over an hour without any mention by the staff as to any delay. If this hadn't been my first (and gender revealing) ultrasound, I would have left. I was finally called back, only to sit and wait for another 20 minutes. When I finally met Dr. Cherukuri, I liked her very much. She was kind, very thorough and answered all of my questions without making me feel rushed... I just wish her staff was as courteous.

|  My Visit  |  show details
by Ashley on Jun 30th, 2010

I had an appointment with Dr. Cherukuri during my pregnancy for a growing fibroid. Her staff at reception is cold, detached, and made me feel as if I was a nuisance. I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Even that was unimpressive. It was a narrow room, uncomfortable chairs, and peeling wallpaper. As for the Dr. Cherukuri herself, she had absolutely no bedside manner, was filled with doom and gloom, despite a relatively healthy pregancy and flourishing baby. Not one time did she as how I was feeling, if I had any pain or tenderness, or even how the pregnacy was progressing. I left without any new knowledge of my fibroid. However,I was armed with all of the things that could go wrong without any assurance of how can we fix it. In a nut shell, I left there more stressed and worried then before the appointment. Bear in mind that I understand that part of her job is to educate me. I feel she took it to an unnecessary level.Additionally, I am overweight. She seemed to take pleasure in making comments about my weight. She mentioned in on 4 or 5 different occasions throughout the time I was there. I have no problem with a doctor addressing that issue, but to repeatedly come back to that topic was excessive and humiliating. I felt very vulnerable and she was insensitive. I was laying on a bed, belly exposed for the ultrasound, and she was basically telling me I was fat. It was an inappropriate time, which further embarrassed me. I wanted to sink into the floor. At one point she even suggested losing weight while pregnant. I need to lose weight, (40lbs.)but I am by no means the largest person to ever get pregnant. I will not ever go back to that office. From the environment to the staff to the doctor, I do not have one positive thing to say. I do not recommend this doctor.