Dr. Radhika Ravula MD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 24th, 2017
Agree with Majority
I agree with the majority of the negative reviews regarding her assistant/nurse that takes blood pressure readings, aside from routine staff over bookings, excessive office waits, see the doctor for 3 - 5 minutes with short one on one visits ( very little conversations or discussions with patient), prescribe same pain medication - Hydrocodone and Fentanyl patch, and then released . I stopped going mainly due to her very rude assistant/nurse that takes blood pressure readings and I no longer wished to remain on addicting medication. I had to cancel an appointment resulting from an unexpected family emergency (brother-in-law lost 30% of blood due to throat ulcer) and I was charged the $40.00 co-pay due to their 24 hour notice policy. I asked to waive the charge since I did reschedule that day for a few days later. A staff member asked Dr Ravula's assistant/nurse and naturally, her being the person she is, refused. I was then admitted to the waiting room for a blood pressure reading by her. I started talking to her trying to explain my situation and she said If I would bring her a copy or show proof of the emergency visit , she would waive the co pay. I took this as her accusing me of lying and telling her I was unhappy about her comment and decision to refuse the co pay waiver. This apparently rubbed her the wrong way and at the same time, the excessive blood pressure alarm warning went off on the equipment. I noticed my blood pressure was like about 1.5- 2X the normal reading of 79/140. She then stood up and said "Dr Ravula will be here shortly." She did not offer to rerun my blood pressure, stop to check why the alarm went off, or do anything to show some concern on such a high blood pressure reading - especially one that sets off the equipment's safety alarm. I then told Dr Ravula about the alarm going off, she checked the high readings, and had a different nurse run the test and luckily it was OK. Bottom line - the nurse is totally incompetent in working with patients to just get up when a blood pressure alarm is triggered by the patient's blood pressure. This is an example of a nurse that is incompetent, rude, and should not be working with people at all - especially patients with real medical issues. I went to Dr Ravula for over a year and this assistant/nurse has always been rude and was also rude to my wife on the phone. She needs to be fired for such poor customer service conduct. There are a few other staff members that also seem to have bad days, are not very accommodating, and seem to think you are bothering them if you ask any questions. This location is not my choice of preferred medical assistance. I really had no problem with Dr Ravula other than she just seems to always be in a hurry.

June 2nd, 2016
Mr.
Nurse is rude-I refuse to put up with her rudeness & lies. Has no common sense. Dominating. Another staff member is just as bad. Won't deal with being treated like this. Had no problem with the Doctor!

May 3rd, 2016
I was skeptical about seeing Dr. RR after reading some reviews here. My PCP assured me that Dr. RR is an excellent physician and suggested that I at least have a consultation with her. I had been to another pain physician before who over-prescribed medications and made me feel like a zomby. I did listen to my PCP and saw Dr. RR. She worked out a 'weaning protocol' and started me on medications that are non-addicting. She also prescribed a TENS unit and tried injections. I now have my life back!

January 20th, 2016
My life is back! I was seeing another pain physician for 3 years. he had me in a fog! I was not able to function and started to feel depressed about my medication addiction and helplessness.I then found Dr. Ravula. With the help of injections and psychological therapy I have been able to cut way down on my medications. I am back to working full time! She is a stickler for rules and as long as you are a compliant patient this you will be very happy!

November 9th, 2015
I had a neck problem which was ongoing for many years. It was getting to the point where it was hard for me to work. I am so glad I saw her. She did an injection which greatly decreased my pain. It gave me the confidence to move ahead and stay active. It really restored my confidence and mood! She discouraged me from taking pain medications around the clock. I am so thankful for that since I don't want to become dependent on medications. I have seen another physician before her who kept prescribing pain medications and muscle relaxants. I could barely get past the side effects.

August 15th, 2015
Do not use this doctor. She could care less about her patients. She did not even look at my MRI images, just the write up. Poor diagnosis! Had me wait over 35 minutes in severe pain while she was chatting in laughing with her nurses. No follow up after the procedure. Never called me back. She could careless about her patients needs. BAD DOCTOR!!! DO NOT USE THIS HER, SHE IS A QUACK!!!!

May 28th, 2015
Happy Patient
Dr. Ravula was very nice and spent alot of time with me. It took about 2 weeks to get in to see her, but I didnt expect to get in the next day. Her staff was very nice. Her nurse was so nice, always smiling and happy. She interacted well with the other patients, calling them by their name. She made them feel at home. I did read the other reviews before going to the office and was dreading it, but everything was excellent. I would refer this doctor to any of my friends that need a pain doctor.

March 4th, 2015
bad nursing staff
Leann the nurse treats people like convicts and doesn't have any empathy for the patients she needs a new profession nursing is not a good choice for her she is rude and uncaring.

February 27th, 2015
STAY AWAY
I would have to agree with everyone else in here. I been patient for 2 years. She never reviews my chart, ask same questions, rude and condescending, makes mistakes , does not listen to you, I could go on and on. Time for me to move in also. I read lots of reviews. She has the worst. I went to ER numerous times and she does not care. If you call them they say. NOTHING WE CSN DO ABOUT IT. But they want to do injections. She must have 20 patients lined up every Friday. Nurse is rude also. Please don't come here. You will regret it.

November 24th, 2014
I have had multiple pain issues and was literally suffering until I saw Dr. Ravula. My quality of life is now so much better! Thanks Dr. R.

October 13th, 2014
Pleased
I've been a patient of Dr. Ravula for a copule of years and have been verfy happy with the results of the injections. I was glad to see that I had optoins other than depending on medications for my pain.

February 19th, 2014
After over a year...
I was impressed after my first visit but that's where it ended. I completely agree with most of the reviews: Long wait times, Lack of privacy, doesn't review patient file each visit. Condescending manner. Asks same questions over and over. Does NOT listen or write anything down. Was told and have noticed in reviews that she does give shots but I was told they do not. After waiting ages in waiting room after check in and filling out same forms every time, I would be lucky to get 2 minutes of time be given a prescription and pushed out the door. After over a year of giving benefit of the doubt and thinking "Is it me?" I discover vitals.com vitals and see that I am NOT alone in my review. Wish I'd seen this a year ago. I would have saved a ton of money and time waiting. I am moving on and sharing these reviews with my new family doctor so she knows not to refer patients to this doctor/clinic.