Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine, Neurologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  show details
by Margy on Nov 23rd, 2014

I have had multiple pain issues and was literally suffering until I saw Dr. Ravula. My quality of life is now so much better! Thanks Dr. R.

|  Pleased  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Ravula for a copule of years and have been verfy happy with the results of the injections. I was glad to see that I had optoins other than depending on medications for my pain.

|  After over a year...  |  show details
by Frustrated on Feb 19th, 2014

I was impressed after my first visit but that's where it ended. I completely agree with most of the reviews: Long wait times, Lack of privacy, doesn't review patient file each visit. Condescending manner. Asks same questions over and over. Does NOT listen or write anything down. Was told and have noticed in reviews that she does give shots but I was told they do not. After waiting ages in waiting room after check in and filling out same forms every time, I would be lucky to get 2 minutes of time be given a prescription and pushed out the door. After over a year of giving benefit of the doubt and thinking "Is it me?" I discover vitals.com vitals and see that I am NOT alone in my review. Wish I'd seen this a year ago. I would have saved a ton of money and time waiting. I am moving on and sharing these reviews with my new family doctor so she knows not to refer patients to this doctor/clinic.

|  Stay Away from Baylor Pain Management Richardson  |  show details
by Disappointed on Aug 19th, 2013

Doctor and staff show little concern for patient. They are only interested in patient volume and injection through put. Doctor does not meet with patient prior to injection, has no concern for patient's pain level and does not listen to patient. Prescribes medicines that do not treat the pain appropriately. Very eager to pass on patient's problems to next doctor, typically a surgeon. Staff is rude and unprofessional. There is no privacy. There are too many unnecessary people (visitors) in the per-op room. Health history questions can be overheard by many outsiders. I could not reach doctor after the injection. They do not return calls after hours or on weekends. Stay away from Baylor Pain Management in Richardson

|  Doesn't review patient history  |  show details
by Brenda N on Aug 17th, 2013

I requested to see a Pain Management specialist because I had a complicated situation of secondary Addison's disease and severe Autoimmune disease. I was grateful to have narcotics to help with the pain but I asked both for injections and NSAIDS, which are safe and non-addictive, and she refused both requests. Instead she put me on a narcotic pain patch that had warnings all over it not to give to people with breathing difficulties. I suffered from Interstitual Lung Disease and had noted so on my paperwork. The doctor never bothered to look at my paperwork. Instead, she called it 'Fibromyalgia'. I told my Rheumatologist this and he was stunned that she would come to that diagnosis knowing my health history. To add insult to injury... she sent me a $300 bill for a drug test. I never returned. Instead, I asked my Rheumatologist for some Celebrex with an occasional pain pill. He also was able to put me on some other non-addictive substances that have managed my joint pain significantly. If I had stayed with this woman I would have been an opiate addict at some point. (And possibly dead from breathing problems). I would not recommend her to anyone.

|  Very helpful  |  show details
May 27th, 2012

Dr. Ravula, spent time with me. She gave me some hope of helping my back pain. Everyone else just said that I would have to live with it and there was nothing they could do. I will go back to see her.

|  Doesn't listen  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

I saw dr Ravula dor 2 years and it was 2 years of frustration. I would wait in the exam room for 20-30 minutes to finally be seen by her for MAYBE 5 minutes. They overbookalot and then she is doing injections as well, so she comes in, barely listens to you and is out of the room in less than 5 minutes. She drastically dropped my meds saying that my pain should be getting better after the injections. It wasn't and she cut my meds in half leaving me in pain all the time and making it difficult to make my meds last the 30 days. Know what you're getting into before you see her.

|  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

the biggest complaint i have is she does not listen i have been seeing her almost two yrs and my pain has gotten worst and what does she do she lowers my medicine and cuts it in half so now i am almost dying from pain and now i have finally had enough it is time to move on