Radu L Sulica, MD
1305 York Ave
5th Floor
New York, NY 10021
646-962-4734
Locations and availability (5)

|  Saved me twice  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2013

I ws referred to Dr. Sulica four years ago by a friend and colleague who is also a singer after another doctor was convinced I had a paralyzed vocal chord. It was not paralyzed and after a two months of neurontin I could sing and talk fine and he found the cause of a cough that I'd had for six months as well. The next year I was experiencing what my primary care physician thought was tinnitus even after I told him that it definitely wasn't so I went to Dr Sulica who sent me for an MRI and it turned out to be arterial venal fistulae so what I was hearing was the blood spurting out from holes in an artery. Off to a neurosurgeon I went thanks to him and two surgical procedures later I'm fine. He is my angel.

|  show details
Aug 23rd, 2010

Dr. Sulica is in my opinion the best Vocal cord specialist out there. I have been his patient for around 8 years for ongoing vocal cord dysfunction and scarring. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor. You will not find a better Otolaryngologist.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2010

Dr. Sulica is the best! He saw me on very short notice a few years ago because I was having severe asthma and seeing an ENT was a last-ditch effort before having an invasive bronchoscopy done to figure out why I could not stop coughing. Dr. Sulica discovered that I had a paralyzed vocal cord and that this could actually be what was causing me to cough and making the asthma worse. When he put me on medication for it, I almost instantly improved. Dr. Sulica really thinks about the pathogenesis of what is going on and not just a simple diagnosis and treatment. I was in really bad shape when I first came in and his bedside manner put me right at ease and made me feel comfortable. I followed up with him for about 1-2 years and he worked with me to plan my management since I was a teacher at the time and did not have a voice during this period. He was always very honest about what he thought I should do without being pushy. He ended up doing a minor surgical procedure that really helped and I am back to normal today. He is really a great doctor on all accounts!