by Laszlo Barton on Jul 9th, 2015

Have had 2 spinal surgeries, Cervical and Lumbar, He is great!!

Jul 8th, 2015

This is the worst place to make Appointment You call and make one and think you have one but you find out days before the appointment it was never made by the staff The wait time on the phone is at lease 15 Min

Jan 28th, 2015

Dr. Ali is a butcher. The first time I met Dr. Ali he appeared kind, calm, concerned, and convincing. He stated I had "severe spinal stenosis" and needed surgery, immediately-URGENTLY. A cervical fusion C3-C7. No time to wait...he then sent in the scheduler who proceeded to schedule the surgery. Dr. Ali stated he would "take care of me" and the only change would be limited range of motion. Wrong. That was in 2011. It is 2015. I have problems I never had pre-surgery. I have since seen several physicians and all are in shock when I state I had a fusion. Even going on to further state there was no "definitive" reason, medical or otherwise, for such a serious surgery. Following the surgery I could not lift my arms, when I went to see Dr. Ali for follow-ups he continued you state everything I was experiencing was normal to "walk" and you will be fine. I wasn't fine. I was a mess. I had MANY problems as a result of the surgery. 2012 Dr. Ali stated “I can go in and take out all the titanium…it will only take an hour…” Seriously? I was already suffering from the result of the surgery and would not allow Dr. Ali to perform such a surgery. Looking back I believe that once again, Dr. Ali just wanted to “cut.” Dr. Ali performed what is known as an "anterior" and "post-anterior" fusion which involves- cutting the front of my neck AND the back - close to decapitation - then screwing in plates and screws into my cervical spine THAT I DID NOT NEED. When I initially went to Dr. Ali for my follow up visits, where I expressed my concerns and outlined the sudden influx of medical problems, Dr. Ali tried to smooth talk his way out of it. Truth be told, Dr. Ali does not concern himself with patients once he has "cut" the patient because it appears this is the thrill of the process, for Dr. Ali, the surgery, not the health of the patient. I later learned, from a neurosurgeon, that cutting the back of the neck is the worst place to cut a patient. This Neurosurgeon NEVER cuts the back of the neck unless it is a trauma case (car accident, etc.) due to all the pain the patient will experience for the rest of their life. Due to the amount of muscle, tissue, and nerves in the back of the neck, when cut by the surgeon, this causes permanent damage. I actually asked Dr. Ali about the “big dip” in my neck, the sticking out of a bone and he said “oh it will go away.” That was 2011. It has not gone away. The pain is still there along with many other issues. Externally, I have a long and horrible scare, atrophy, and a deformity as a result of Dr. Ali butchering my neck. Honestly, I have many problems as a result of the surgery. Out of my concern for others, I would ask you to turn and walk away from Dr. Ali as fast as you can. This man does not care about his patients. I don't know if he is simply doing this out of greed or if he truly gets a thrill from the act of slaughtering his patients. However, I do know I did not need this surgery. I was lied to and I suffer as a result of his negligent actions. Please do not go to Dr. Ali.

Aug 21st, 2011

This doctor operated on me removing disc material. However, he neglected to look at the fact that I had almost no discs in my lower back. After the operation he performed, I needed 2 other back operations. One operation was needed to repair leaking spinal fluid (he refused to see me for this condition. I was leaking spinal fluid for 3 months and I had to go to another doctor to get a visit and an operation to make the repair. This still left me with almost no discs in my lower back. I then had to get a 3rd operation to to fix my original problem...Lack of discs in my lower back. What a waste of time and money. Also, the doctor simply refused to see me for the leaking spinal fluid. Terrible professionalism.

A Great Surgeon show details A Great Surgeon
by Jim on May 8th, 2009

I really enjoyed Dr Ali. He was very friendly and curteous in his office and at the hospital. My back surgery was completed with excellent results. I have no regret about it at all. Following the surgery, he immediately met with my wife and let her know how things went and exactly what he had done. Follow up visits are with his PA who is also very nice and concerned with the patients recovery.

May 20th, 2008

Needs to treat the whole patient, not just the surgical site problem, but also the problems relating to it and problems after the surgery. Doesn't even see the patient on post-op visits after the first 2, turns you over to his P.A.