Surgeon, Colon & Rectal Surgeon
9475 E Ironwood Square Dr
Ste 102
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
623-242-2020
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
May 11th, 2014

I can't offer enough accolades about Dr. Tarazi -- he's absolutely the best surgeon, as well as a heck of a nice guy. Several years ago, he performed some quite tricky procedures on me, after a botched emergency surgery (by another surgeon!). He patiently explained all the options (pro & con) and clearly diagrammed the anatomy involved. Four years later, all my problems have been resolved, and I'm as good as new. I recommend him without reservation!

|  Skilled Doctor  |  show details
by Meda on Nov 7th, 2013

I recentlly had surgery done by Dr. Tarazi. I feel great I can say that he changed my life. He is a man of few words but very skilled and knowledgeble. Highlly recommended.

|  Horrendous Experience  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2013

Probably a very skilled doctor who is highly rated based on the comments. I found him to be extremely rude, and unsympathetic. It seemed like all he cared about was taking my money and getting me in and out. I left the office almost fainting from the pain. He knew it and I never even received a follow-up call post procedure to see how I was doing. I would NEVER recommend this doctor.

by Maureen on Jan 25th, 2013

Dr Tarazi was very knowledgeable and caring in dealing with my case. He was easy for me to speak with and showed a caring, understanding and patient bedside manner at all times. Due to his expertise he was able to get me thru a very long and complicated surgery allowing me to once again eat and be pain free after years of absolute misery. I would not think twice about recommending him to anyone. He truly deserves the highest accolades for a job so well done. I cannot thank him enough.

Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Tarazi performed a colonoscopy on me in December 2011. He and his staff were exceptional and I would highly recommend him. He scheduled an appointment with me BEFORE my colonoscopy so I would get any pathology results, whether good or bad, directly from him in person rather than on the telephone. I thought this approach exhibited extremely high sensitivity to patients.

Jul 31st, 2011

While no one really wants surgery, if you are going to have to have a colon procedure, Dr. Tarazzi is one of the best. He is knowledgable, kind, considerate and caring. I have had no complications, the surgery went well and he was very thorough with all follow-through. I would recomend him to my friends in a moment.

Jun 20th, 2011

Dr. Tarazi was very personal and caring. He diagnosed my problem and communicated all the facts to me in a way I could easily understand. I would highly recommend him to all.

Apr 3rd, 2011

Dr. Tarazi is tops in his field! His surgical judgment & skill are beyond all expectations. A bonus is his winning personality -- he's a "real person" to whom patients can easily relate. He takes the time to clearly explain options & procedures, which I greatly appeciate. I recommend him without reservation!

|  Top Surgeon ...corrected problems caused by another surgeon  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

I had horrible experience with a surgerydone by a Dr. Andrew Kassir in Scottsdale, AZ. He had created a stoma which herniated, then prolapsed into a monstrous grapefruit-sized hernia with a 2/12" X 3" stump projecting out of it. This whole growth protruded from my abdomen a full SIX inches. Kassir refused to even admit I had a parastomal hernia and said simply: "As long as it works, you can live with it".I consulted with Dr. Raed Tarazi who said "what would you like me to do Frank?" I said: "get rid of the big hernia, and make me a stoma which is 1 3/8" in diameter, and protrudes 1/2" out from my abdomen"...He did EXACTLY THAT !! I now have a "flat" abdomen with a 1 3/8" stoma sticking out 1/2" !! I rate Dr. Tarazi a full "TEN" !!!

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

I am a patient of Dr. Tarazi and he is an excellent Doctor, Dr. Tarazi has a way of putting your mind at ease. Dr. Tarazi gets 5 stars in my book!

|  He's the best!  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2010

I had been previously referred to another colorectal surgeon. He had the personality of a dial tone and never even had eye contact with me. I never went back. Early this year, my gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Tarazi. The minute he came into the examining room, I was thrilled with him! i was so impressed by his skill, professionalism, knowledge AND his delightful sense of humor. He subsequently performed surgery on me and continues to treat me with compassion and dignity at follow-up appointments. He has a great bedside manner. The person who said, "he's the best" said it all!

|  I wish I had seen him 10 years ago  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Tarazi by my gastroenterologis tafter suffering from anal pain and hemorrhoids for over ten years. I even had laser treatment in 2005 without success. In one visit, Dr. Tarazi diagnosed me and treated me approriately and I have since been completely pain fee. I only wish I had seen him ten years ago as I have suffered unnecessarily for too long. I highly recommend him. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and his touch gentle.

|  Caring and competent- excellent surgeon  |  show details
by rpenno on Apr 9th, 2010

My doctor referred me to another surgeon at first.I went to see him and found him simply lacking. Dr.Tarazi saw me on a nonoffice day so I did not have to suffer unnecessarily, diagnosed me and treted me promptly. I was admitted to the hospital and treated like a human being. We need more physicians like him.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2009

I owe this doctor my life, I was in so much pain that I contemplated suicide. Dr. Tarazi got me into surgery the next day and explained the procedure and checked on me before and right after surgery. You can tell he became an MD for the right reasons because he knew I was suffering and treated me like family and took care of me right away. I would trust him with my life, not only is he an excellent physician (very good at what he does) but he is so warm and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing colorectal surgery, he is the best!

Mar 26th, 2009

The first time I went in for an appointment, I was amazed by the excellent bedside manner and intellect he had. I would recommend him to my friends and family.