Family Physicians

Capital Family Practice
3998 Fair Rdg
Fairfax, VA 22033
703-352-0500
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Not helpful or understanding  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

I did not have a pleasant experience with Dr. Williams. She rushed through the appointment and seemed to judge everything I said instead of listening. She told me that jogging on a treadmill wasn't enough exercise and that I should try Jillian Michaels dvds. She also said eating 1500 calories a day wasn't enough and I needed to cut back to 1200 calories a day to lose weight. I didn't have that much weight to lose and her comments were judgemental, rude, and inaccurate. You should do whatever exercise you enjoy. I went in hoping to welcome any suggestions for weight loss but left feeling like I had been yelled at.After I had blood tests run, a nurse called me to inform me of a positive test result. She was completely uninformed of what the result meant and told me false information. You could find out more from reading a wikipedia article. I spoke with the nurse for 20 minutes about a serious test result which should have been delivered by the doctor in the first place. I called back and left a message, called back again and spoke to a receptionist, asking to have the actual doctor call me to explain the results. She never called me.

|  The Best Primary Care Doctor I have ever had  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

Dr Williams has always taken the time to listen to me and always answers my questions and offer options reference medications. I can call for an appointment and get one the next day, if it is works with my schedule. I have many 'conditions' and with the 'net' I will search and bring in my results. Dr Williams will explain why a certain medication will or not improve a particular condition. She always will keep in mind my financial circumstances when prescribing a med. I know that 15 min. is the usual time allowed but she has never rushed the appointment and ALWAYS gives me her time. The staff from the front desk to the nurses have always been polite and caring. I have been her patient for over 6 years. I highly recommend Dr Williams.

|  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

This physician takes time to listen to her patients. Professional and caring at the same time.

|  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

She did not care about the patient. Paid my co-pay and she never examined me, did not ask for medical history, did not listen to me, and did not seem to care that I was even there for an appointment that I scheduled. She wanted to me to schedule another appointment, in which she could spend more time. isn't that why I was there? I paid to money to see a doctor about what problems that I was having. When I asked for my co-pay back at the front desk, I was told that she would talk to the owner of the practice, Dr. Curtis. She came back to her desk and said nothing to me. I waited for about 15 minutes and finally asked her, if the answer was "no." At that point, I was treated very rudely by one of the nurses. I was told that since there were notes in the system that I was seen and that I need to shut up. She accused me of cussing, which I did not. She then told me that I needed to leave and stated "Fuck You" to me. I will never step back in their doors again.

|  Best Doctor at the Parctice  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2009

I saw Dr Williams last week and was very impressed . Courtesy and Professionalism at its beat .