A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rafael Amaral:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rafael Amaral is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Amaral
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Amaral Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Amaral graduated from Ponce School of Medicine .
Dr. Amaral has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rafael A Amaral MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Rafael A. Amaral practice?
- Dr. Rafael Amaral has 1 office location.
Dr. Rafael Amaral practices Gastroenterology near Darby, PA.
See Darby Gastroenterologists.