A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rafael Amaral:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rafael Amaral is Excellent.
Education & Awards
Dr. Amaral graduated from Ponce School of Medicine .
Dr. Amaral has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Amaral accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Rafael A. Amaral practice?
Dr. Rafael Amaral practices Gastroenterology near Darby, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Springfield, PA and Philadelphia, PA.
See Darby Gastroenterologists.