Dr. Rafael Beier Is this you?

8 Ratings with 1 Comment

September 24th, 2009

poor quality of health care

Went to this Dr. as I didn't have a primary physician. I just needed to have my prescription for synthroid renewed. I'd taken the same dose for over 40 years. Dr. Beier charged $160 to draw my blood and have it sent to the lab. I also had given him my medical history in writing. He did not even read it. Dr. Beier did not request a TSH test along with a free T-3 and free T-4 (which tell you how your body utilizes TSH). I went to him again, upset and armed with books and internet symptoms showing I had 37 of the 40 symptoms for thyroid disease. The second visit cost me $160.00, again. He drew my blood and he finally requested the Free T-3 and Free T-4. He subsequently phoned to tell me "you are right, you do need the synthroid." He phoned a prescription to a pharmacy. Dr. Beier promotes Chinese medicines and sells them out of his office. Besides the two office visits, I felt pressured to buy some chinese herbals.

April 10th, 2016