Dr. Rafael Hurtado MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Danville, VA

June 10th, 2015
Highly dissatisfied
Felt extremely insignificant. Did not feel as though Dr. Hurtado cared about my condition in the least. At the end of visit I said, "May I ask one more question," to which he replied, "Bye." Very unhappy with my visit and treatment.

September 4th, 2013
I saw him for sleep apnea for over four years. He has excellent credentials for that. He recently diagnosed me with Narcolepsy. He decided on the most extreme form of treatment for this disease which he was NOT prepared to handle properly. He did not answer my questions in regards to my concerns about the side effects of the medication he prescribed. His conversation indicated that I should "just trust him" to know and do what was best for me. He and his staff had no regard for FMLA time restraints. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I will definitely not be going back to him.

January 24th, 2013
i had several visits with him. He spends most of the office visits. typing nurses notes into his computer. He doesn't allow me to ask questions, he is too busy typing. He never looks at me and when he speaks he is looking the other way. He is always distracted. I will find another doctor.

May 11th, 2012
Waited almost 2hrs for him, once he came in the room, looked over all the records I brought in for him, I tried to ask him questions about concerns I had, He stated he does not answer questions on 1st visit's, but ordered a list of test and told me to come back. For a patient that has had strokes and sezuires I will never go back to this jerk. Very rude, Very unprofessional. Dont waste your time with him, Find another doctor out of the Danville area....

September 16th, 2010
long wait, many interruptions, need to focus.

December 4th, 2009
The Great Doctor
This doctor can find things about your condition and help you to get better. I'm getting there, I've had to put things on hold but i'll be back to see him to get things right for me. He's great in what he does and the staff are good in what they do too.