Dr. Rafael Mimbela MD Patient Reviews

2.6

March 19th, 2016
Terrible Staff!
I didn't get to see the doctor because I had enough with the terrible staff they have upfront. They are rude and obnoxious. The waiting room itself is very crowded and people are kept waiting for hours. Seeing the rest of the reviews online, I realize I didn't miss much by not seeing the doctor either. Bad staff, bad doctor by the looks of it. It's a real shame the doctor doesn't take more pride in his location and staff.

November 30th, 2015
Disappointed
I have never reviewed before but I think this dr. needs a review. I have been taking my son to Dr. Mimbela for many many years and now that my son just turned 18 he informs me through his assistant that I need to find my son an adult neurologist which Is understandable but when I asked to speak to him he was irate and all he kept telling me was that my son needed an adult neurologist since he was over 18 I had to correct him many times that my son was barely 18. When I asked him to recommend an adult Doctor he couldn't give me a name because he didn't know any. What kind of doctor doesn't know other neurologist. If I could give him zero stars I would because my son is in a wheelchair and he cannot sit in his chair long and I have explained to the staff many times and they don't seem to understand the wait is up to 3 hours and just to see an assistant you don't actually ever see the doctor. Parents looking for a neurologist for your child look elsewhere.

July 28th, 2015
Dr. Mimbela does not go to you. You are put in a room and you are brought to him when he is ready. He does not get up from his seat. He is very difficult to understand. I rejoiced when I found a new doctor.

December 12th, 2013
WORSE NEUROLOGIST EVER
Dr. Mimbela and staff are the worse inconsiderate people ever. The wait is forever and leaves while patients are in the office. Dr. Mimbela told the receptionist before leaving the office in front of all the patients that " He had to leave and if they didn't want to wait that they could leave, because he didn't have time for that." I had been calling all day to get a refill on a prescription and nobody ever answered. I had to leave work for this and little did i know the phone was right in front of the receptionist. Her answer was Dr. Mimbela does not allow them to answer.They don't see patients by appt. time. Obviously Dr. Mimbela does not care about patients. I have decided for my son not to be treated there. He has no respect with his patients.

October 13th, 2013
This Dr. Rates a big Fat ZERO
My grandson developed a sniffling and cough, we explained to nurse, Dr. Never came in. He told nurse to tell us to take him off the meds without even checking him,when he did come in, he said it was a tick. We said we wanted to take it slow and figure it out the Dr got irate and threw us out of the office and said he wouldn't treat our grandson because we were endangering his health. We went straight to his pediatrician, and after a careful exam, which Dr Mimbela never did, it was shown that he had an allergy with a post nasal drip, which his pediatrician prescribed a Hal spray and up his allergy meds. His pediatrician said it will take about six weeks to clear up, not take an ADHD Autistic child off meds that are working off right away without extensive testing, in my opinion Dr. Mimbela is the worst Dr. I have ever been in contact with.

June 27th, 2011
Concerned Parent
This is a rating based on the office he has on 4770 N. Expressway 83. The wait is way too long even with having an appointment. There are times that the wait can be 2hrs with an appointment in the waiting area, then another 30 minutes for the Dr.to come in. The office staff there is very poor when it comes to people skills. Just a very bad experience overall.

June 11th, 2009
LOOK FOR ANOTHER DOCTOR
MY WORST EXPERIENCE WAS GETTING MEDICAL ATTENTION FROM DR. MIMBELA. CARELESS, IRRESPONSIBLE, DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILD.