inactive

Rafael F Rivas-Chacon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 3rd, 2016
Great physician!
Dr. Chacon is very compassionate and professional. We waited three hours to see him but it was worth the wait. Dr. Chacon took his time with us and answered all of our questions. After seeing four different specialist Dr. Chacon was able to put us at ease and give us a sense of peace. I highly recommend him and will be forever grateful for his patience, knowledge and compassion. He is an excellent physician and human being. Well worth the wait!

July 29th, 2016
Mi hija tiene 10 anos fue diagnosticada con lupus y todos los dias le pido a dios que bendiga a EL DOCTOR RIVAS CHACON ya que con la ayuda de dios y del doctor mi hija hoy lleva una vida normal QUE DIOS TE BENDIGA DOCTOR lo amamos

March 17th, 2016
Terrible service starting from front desk for first time not a good first impression... Wouldn't recommend to anybody worst service ever

February 15th, 2016
Dr Chacon has been very nice professional and has attempted to help in accurately diagnose my daughter. I Do unfortunately have to say that his office staff has been less than helpful, has not assisted in any way of obtaining medical records that were requested by previous physician to have been faxed to Dr Chacon for his review, even after his request to his own staff in obtaining to order to not put her through very expensive and stressful diagnostics for her my daughter. The staff also refused to write any form of documentation stating that my daughter was under the care of Dr. Chacon for her school to advise she would have further up evaluationd and appointments which may unfortunately scheduled during school hours however be followed up with the days documentation. I love the Dr but once obtaining the diagnosis we will not stay with him due to the chronic unprofessional treatment by his staff. No family of a sick child wants to be in the position and look for the helo and assistance of a physicians staff to make things less stressful and smooth for everyone involved.

December 15th, 2015
Dr. Rivas-Chicon has been a blessing to my son. He was diagnosed with JRA at 8 years old. He is now a college student (19 years old) and when he came out of remission and couldn't find a Dr. in Tallahassee to see him Dr. Rivas-Chicon said fly him home and I will fit him in. My son is a pre-med student who can't miss classes and he made sure that he was seen and was able to get back to Tallahassee the same day. He is kind, compassionate and has an excellent bed side manner. I would also like to add when my son was very ill at 8 years old Dr. Rivas-Chicon would call me to discuss always the same day with advice. I don't mind the 2 hour drive each way or the long wait because I feel my son is getting the best care possible. I would highly recommend him.

October 27th, 2015
Stay away at all costs
Possibly the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was supposed to be treating my son and my wife. His office has the organization of a barnyard without a farmer. Average wait time is over three hours. Staff is unresponsive, barely fluent in English and generally unhelpful. When I complained about not getting a response for a request for a refill on a prescription for my son, and got the response that I needed an appointment to get one… You know the ones that take three hours or more in the waiting room… They hung up on me. Actually, the doctor himself hung up on me. This is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever had relations with.

August 27th, 2015
Wait 2 hours t o get a Rude and lack of interest doc | Not Caring.. Disappointing
Our son has been complaining for acute pain for over 6 months around neck and back and we finally got an appt with Rivas -Chacon and i was hopefully, our first appt we waited form 10:30 to 4 pm that finally left the office. It was ok, after few weeks hes condition worsen and i called to see him and was impossible to get an emergency visit. When we finally returned after 6 weeks, the staff was confused about his entire records and visit. No one knew nothing about it, they were under the impression we were there a week before. Horrified. He finally come to the room and ask like him stupid questions and made him feel like he was making up the pain, we felt insulted , on his opinion nothing was happening to him and after all nothing he could do," If he can raised his arms i don't see any problem" quote on quote ..Be aware all he wants is prescribe medication that we feel was not necessary. all he did was managing pain, he couldn't help. He got insulted when we questioned his diagnosed and required an explanation, he just left the room. Like that and reffered me to another specialist. Wow i heard he was one of the best now i have my doubts.. Very frustrated specially when we are dealing with our kids. Believe me kids don't make up pains for over 6 months .. As parents we need to continue and keep away from doc like this, Follow your Intuitions.. The moment I saw him i had the feeling something wrong with him.. Should have trust my gusts.. Very unfair.. and unprofessional.

July 7th, 2015
We have been waiting for 2hrs & 40min...so far. I feel like I am growing a beard just sitting here. I have a teenager who is in pain and a toddler who is full of energy. This is not a good combination for a doctor's office!

June 7th, 2015
esperanza
el doctor es la esperanza para nosotros ya que estamos hace 8 meses con otros medicos sin descubrir el diagnostico ni el tratamiento que corresponde. siempre en los hospitales hay que esperar y no nos preocupa esperarlo, ojala nos pueda ayudar.

April 21st, 2015
Waited 3+ hours!!!

August 28th, 2014
AMA DE CASA
ESTE DR. ME PARECE INSEGURO PARA DAR DIAGNOSTICO NO SE MUESTRA CON SERIEDAD HACE DOS MESES ESTA TRATANDO DE PONERLE UN TRATAMIENTO A MI NIETA Y NO SE HA REUNIDO CON LOS DEMAS ESPECIALISTAS PARA HACERLO NO LO RECOMIENDO

June 18th, 2013
I dont like this.doctor!!! Im pacient with Ra ant he sent me some test and after that he give me 3name of biologic medicine and he told "go home and think about what do you prefet to take!!!! Omg i not the doctor i dont now what is bettet for my condition !!!!,