A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rafael Tamargo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rafael Tamargo is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rafael Tamargo, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Moyamoya Disease
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Tamargo graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Tamargo has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rafael Jesus Tamargo MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Rafael J. Tamargo practice?
- Dr. Rafael Tamargo has 3 office locations.
Dr. Rafael Tamargo practices Neurological Surgery near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons.