Dr. Rafah Alsahlani DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 2nd, 2016
Very pleased
I had a great visit. She was able to help me and I am grateful for her

October 18th, 2015
She seemed rushed when she would see me in the hospital or office. Several times she didn't call me back when I had concerns. The only time I could talk to her was in the office (always rushed) or calling her emergency number. I started having seizure episodes, and worse headaches after I fell and hit my head. She said I had complications from the concussion, and that it was a movement disorder. Anytime I had an issue, she told me to go to the Emergency Room, and she told them to admit me for monitoring. She didn't listen to me when I told her that I have a malformation in my skull. My malformation was confirmed by a specialist at Barrow's, and two other neurologists. She said I didn't have it because it wasn't in the reports from the hospital, even though I had the hospital send my images to the specialist at Barrows. I told her I need a special MRI and the Barrows staff told her, but she failed to order it, just referred me there (they won't see me without it). She pushed Botox injections on me, I had one dose. I ended up having a slight reaction to it, and she said it wasn't from the Botox and to take Benedryl. She also told me that she just treats movement disorders with Benedryl. After my last stay in the hospital, I received a letter in the mail terminating me as a patient because we failed to establish rapport.

September 17th, 2015
Explained things very well & really helped my mom & her recovery from her stroke. She was compassionate & caring

August 12th, 2015
Patient
Called her she call me back try to discuss the situation with her when I told her that she work for me I do not work for her she hung up on me that is the most unprofessional person I have ever seen to hang up on the patient because she did not like what they said she also before that told me if I didn't like to find another doctor she is the most unprofessional person I have ever spoke to

January 19th, 2015
She is a very good Dr. We are very pleased with here

July 8th, 2014
saw her in hospital July 2014
I was on the telemetry floor an d doctors thought maybe TIA, heart trouble that was causing severe headache. Dr. Alsahlani came in and spend 5 minutes with me and gave me her business card and told me to come and see her and she would fix my headaches. I thought to myself not with a 1.5 star rating from vitals.com. My heart is damaged and don't need her Botox injections. She is not a trust worthy person. The doctor just wants to make money. This last comment is for any patient that has an x-ray, CT or MRI scan you can go within 24 hrs to the place that the test was done and get the typed report yourself. I've done this for yrs and I have never been told I could not have a copy of a report.

June 25th, 2014
Office is incompetent, Dr not much better
As a new patient I was mailed documents to fill out in advance of the appointment, but when they didn't put enough postage on the envelope I had to drive up to the Anthem post office to pick up the docs (20 miles round trip). They did reimburse me 21 cents for the postage. Office visit seemed to go well and I was told to get an MRI and then an EMG afterwards if warranted. Got the MRI a week later and was told my doctor would have the results in 24-48 hours. Two weeks later I hadn’t heard anything, but did get a call to schedule an EMG. Since I was under the impression that was to be follow on test only after the MRI results were in I asked about the results. They claimed they hadn’t gotten them. I declined to let them schedule me for an EMG a month later (long lead time) without knowing if it was even necessary. I called the MRI people and they had sent them, but were immediately able to send them again. I confirmed with the office that they had gotten the resent results and was told they would be given to the doctor. Two more weeks passed and I still hadn’t heard the results, so I called again. The Dr refused to give me the results over the phone, but would schedule an appointment to discuss. I asked about the EMG and she said she wanted both the MRI and EMG done. Okay, if so, I asked why the office hadn’t scheduled that when I was in the first time. She said their scheduling system for that hadn’t been put in yet back then and did I want to schedule now for a month later? For an EMG? I should be able to schedule that within a week anyplace else. As a month later would be three months after my first visit and mean I’d not know what was wrong for at least that long I declined as it was clear this was a waste of my time. I told the office to get my med records together as I was going to seek treatment elsewhere. When I got the documents I was alarmed to see that both simple and important items were inaccurate in the Dr’s note. For example I was both Right and Left handed in different parts of the document. The note also said I was a pain med the Dr had prescribed even though I had clearly declined the Dr’s offer since my pain level didn’t warrant it. There were many more errors that if believed would lead another Dr to possibly misdiagnose my issue, so I had to write up a ten point letter correcting the document. My suggestion is that you look elsewhere if you need a Neurologist.

September 20th, 2013
UNTRUSTWORTHY
I WAS A PATIENT W/DR. ALSAHLANI FOR 4 MONTHS. SHE DIAGNOSED ME AND SEEMED TO BE KNOWLEDGABLE. I CALLED HER AFTER EVERY APPT. TO UPDATE HER ON MY MEDS AS DIRECTED. SHE NEVER CALLED BACK IN 4 MOS. I NOW SEE A DOC AT MAYO CLINIC AND FINALLY FEEL I CAN DEPEND ON HIM TO LEAD ME THROUGH THIS.

July 2nd, 2013
momof4
Was shocked by her lack of bedside manner. Rushed me out without giving me anytime to talk about my issues. She is glorified botox salesman in a white coat. HORRIBLE and dangerous, as she will hold your medication and refuse to refill. Also, will not get back to the insurance company within a reasonable time. Ended up at the ER because she wouldn't send back an insurance form on time. When you go to a doctor, you expect a caring and compassion person to listen and work with you. Very disappointed. Each time I have seen her, I have left in tears.

March 27th, 2013
Amazing doctor-- highly recommend
Dr. Alsahlani was recommended by Barrows Neurological when the Multiple sclerosis doctor was unavailable. She is amazing and took time to help me with this chronic disease. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a great neurologist.

May 25th, 2017