Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Gastroenterologist (digestive)

3552 Creekside Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Locations and availability (10)

3.0

|  A diagnosis at last:)  |  show details
by Wendy S on Dec 30th, 2013

I had been having issues since my late teens and Dr. Rizk was the first doctor to run the proper testing and diagnose me after 30 years with Celiac Disease. I have non traditional symptoms and really felt so fortunate to have Dr. Rizk and his insight into my condition. I have two children which we now know also have Celiac Disease and feel so blessed that they too can have such a compassionate doctor. He is the best!

|  Poor experience  |  show details
by ck on Dec 4th, 2013

Very very disappointed. Original complaint for Gastro issues to obtain a second opinion was a waste of time and money. I sent 25 pages of history over to UM to review, wrote up a history of my complaints and arrived one hour early so I wouldn't be late and then waited a total of 3 hours. Dr. Risk did not review any of my history, sent me for a follow up Esophagus GI test telling me my esophagus was over sensitive. I was prescribed Lidocaine mix to help. No one contacted me on my test results-no follow up. When I called after a week of waiting, I was crying on the phone from the chest pain plus the addition of a very upset stomach from the Lidocaine, the nurse said "oh, lots of people get sick from it" and said "I guess no one called you". I asked for the doctor to contact me and was told he would not talk to me and come back in 4 months. This was the worse experience I ever had with any doctor. I immediately went to another doctor for a 3rd opinion through Beaumont Hospital. Thank god I did, he found my right kidney was blocked from a aggressive type of cancer which can produce the same symptoms as Gastro chest pain w/acid reflux. Since then I had my kidney removed, and no more Gasto symptoms! Still have to be monitored for cancer, but I'm alive. Dr. Risk needs to believe his patients complaints and not neglect them.

|  Shame on you  |  show details
by Dean; A. on Oct 6th, 2013

How can a doctor call other doctors form his own health system liers? All the doctors that told me I was getting better' I was told by doctor Rizk that they were all lieing to me. He did not want me to talk about any progess that I have been working on.After waiting 50 mins. for him' with in 15 mins.he was able to tell me that with out an excam I would need an operation and because of my age (63) changes are it would not do any good. I did not ask for this appointment . It was set up by the U ofM health System. Very bad matters and I would rate this doctor 0 out of 4 stars.

|  Very Sad  |  show details
by Sent home to die. on Mar 21st, 2013

After traveling over three hundred miles to see him,waited 1hr 35 minutes until he came in. He was so far behind and didn't care enough to read records and gave recommendation to just go,home and live like I had been for 6 more months. This after 5 doctors sent me there to see him ASAP as I had been in the hospital 3 times in last 30 days. Him not reading records , telling me to go home to die and all in 14 minutes after waiting all that time. Very scary!!

|  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

After having gone to several different Physcians for a debilitating health concern and having been repetedly misdiagnosed with stomach ulcers, I was finally referred to Dr. Rizk who carefully examined me and listened to my history and symptoms he was able to FINALLY appropriately diagnose me and prescribe to me the appropriate medication. I have not had an episode since that fateful day that Dr. Rizk came into my life and I am tremendously grateful to him for that.

|  very thorough, great bedside manner  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

I LOVE this doc. He spends so much time with patients that he seems to be a bit behind. schedule a 1pm appt.