inactive

Rafay Atiq MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

January 16th, 2016
He uses all the tools he has to help you out but he doesn't switch meds very often. He should give more time to a patient before giving a diagnosis and be open to try different combination of meds if the patient is not responding well. He is helpful but he may be over critical and cautious.

June 23rd, 2015
no manners
This doctor does not know how to treat people esp mentally unstable ones with respect. His prescribing habits are dangerous n he never acknowledges the side effects.

December 3rd, 2013
Made me cry
Short and to the point is something you want from a fast food restaurant, not a psychiatrist. Dr. Atiq, after 10 minutes of talking on my first visit, had apparently fully diagnosed me and was ready to treat. His proof? A psychiatry dictionary sitting on his desk. When I said I was not ready for treatment after such a short time, he said I disappointed him. Following that was an assault on my ideas about treatment; I was wrong, he was right. Twenty minutes into an hour session, I left. Mean spirited, refuses to talk to get to know the patient, and attempts to rush you into therapy, medication, and other treatments before even getting to know you. Not to mention my trouble getting an appointment. Online applications were rejected twice, despite me checking the "soonest available appointment" box. Phonecalls were annoyed despite pleading messages. Avoid.

June 10th, 2012
awful doctor
Dr. Atiq did not even try to help me at all with my anxiety. He is one of the doctors that make it obvious they are only in it for the money. Please do not see this doctor.