A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Raghava Polavarapu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Raghava Polavarapu, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Polavarapu graduated from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam.
Dr. Polavarapu has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- Downtown & Cal
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Polavarapu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans