Reason for Reservations show details Reason for Reservations
May 29th, 2015

Right after surgery, I felt satisfied with Dr. Rahmati, even delighted, as he excised the mass that I sought to be removed. I assess him overall prematurely. Dr. Rahmati rushed to complete the procedure by employing the time-saving step of putting staples in my neck and scalp after removing the mass, instead of taking the time needed to complete the procedure properly. I asked him about his use of staples over sutures when he removed the staples, and he said that it was faster for him. My scalp is sensitive and I was uncomfortable having metal prongs sticking into it. He also laced up the incision too tightly, which combined with the use of staples, for 2 months now, makes for pulling each time I move my neck. The soreness that I felt right after the surgery persists. I showed him the spot that was sore when he removed the staples. Nonetheless, and even though he commented on the inflammation in the surgery site, he told me to skip the customary one-month follow-up visit as hair would grow around the scar so that the appointment would be pointless. I feel that I should have been asked if I was willing for him to use metal staples to instead of sutures. I would not have consented. I had a mass removed in the area years back and sutures were used. The scar was smooth. The scar Dr. Rahmati left me with is not smooth and it is uncomfortable. I now seek out a surgeon who can revise the scar and restore neck movement. It is not acceptable to rush to complete a surgical procedure. His savings in time is long-term discomfort for the patient. The surgery site is as sore 2 months later as it was right after surgery. I have to push up the skin below the scar in advance of any downward head movement and to gather the skin on either side of the scar when turning my head to either side. My procedure was minor. Further, nerves were cut in the procedure that left the area above my ear numb. When I pointed out the numbness in the appointment in which he removed the staples, he stated untruthfully that he discussed this possibility with me. Actually, it was something I wanted to talk to him about but forgot to bring it up. I am in constant discomfort and regret my decision to have Dr. Rahmati perform surgery. It is not appropriate to cut corners when performing head/neck surgery. I think it is outrageous to put staples into someone's neck and scalp. I gave 2 stars because he successfully removed the mass and returned phone calls and wanted me to be comfortable on the operating table. But saying nothing about staples in advance of the procedure to allow a patient to deny consent and saying to a patient not to come back after the first post-op appointment a week after surgery, when he and his patient discuss in that appointment a number of issues is not caring or correct.

DR. RAHMATI IS A GIFT FROM GOD show details DR. RAHMATI IS A GIFT FROM GOD
Mar 9th, 2015

Dr. Rahmati is kind and caring. His surgical hands are golden. He takes care at every step to cause no discomfort. His patients' concerns are his concerns. He ensures that pain is minimal. During surgery - mine was under local anesthesia - he asks repeatedly how the patient is doing. He carefully considers where the incision is best made. He is all about healing. His prepares the patient so that there are no surprises, and provides detailed follow-up instructions. He is reachable by phone and promptly returns calls. Between his surgical skill and bedside manner he is a dream doctor.

Great Bedside Manners show details Great Bedside Manners
Feb 17th, 2013

Dr. Rahmati genuinely cared about my issue. He performed a fantastic surgery and always followed up with phone calls alerting me of my results after my blood work was done. I'm happy that he was very patient with my endless questions.

Aug 22nd, 2012

very very nice doctor like him a lot

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Feb 25th, 2012

He was a wonderful, thorough doctor with a great bedside manner. He answers all of your question and puts you at ease. I never felt rushed like I was asking too many questions. A

Jun 9th, 2011

he is amazing

Great Doctor!!!! show details Great Doctor!!!!
May 1st, 2011

I had an ear infection and he gave great medical advice in order for me to aid my sickness. Truly an intelligent doctor.