Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Highly recommend Dr. Athalye  |  show details
by William S on Jul 23rd, 2014

Dr. Athalye is an amazing doctor. Takes his time and is very compassionate. Plus, the fact that he follows his patients in the hospital is a huge bonus. It's slightly harder to get an appointment with him now than before - probably because he's becoming well known for being such an excellent doctor. My parents were his patients, followed by my wife and I and now I can't have anyone else see my kids but Dr Athalye. If anyone needs an internist, I very highly recommend Dr. Athalye.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Kate on Jun 28th, 2014

After seeing multiple doctors, I am extremely happy to have found Dr Athalye. He is patient, understanding and very caring. He is a busy doctor but that's with good reason. It is hard to find doctors who know what they are doing and actually care. I have been to many a doctors who have had time for lengthy appointments but none them were able to accurately diagnose my illness. They were prescription fillers. I needed a doctor. Dr Athalye just did not give me medicines and send me on my way. He was more interested in diagnosing my illness and treating it. He wanted to plan my recovery. Now that's a real doctor. I would very highly recommend Dr Athalye. And today, because of him, I am able to enjoy a quality life with my husband and kids.

Mar 5th, 2014

Excelent Doctor, Extremly rude and uncaring personal nurse and staff!

Mar 3rd, 2014

At my recent appointment with Dr. Athalye, I was impressed with his caring manner. He took the time to really listen to my symptoms. I would definitely see him again.

|  THE WORST DOCTOR EVER.  |  show details
by BOB on Jan 10th, 2014

Patient Mill plan and simple. I had three appointments with the guy and he maybe spent a total of 5 minutes with me. If you need anything fixed or changed, don't expect for him to do it out of the "kindness of his heart,"- be ready to break out your wallet (even if he writes the wrong dosage on a prescription!).

|  Thank you Dr. Athaley  |  show details
by Kathleen on Jun 14th, 2013

My family has been seeing Dr Athalye for the past year and we are so grateful to have found him. He is compassionate, honest and an excellent doctor. He ALWAYS takes his time with us and treats my family like we are HIS family. When my father was diagnosed with lung cancer, Dr. Athalye was on vacation, and he still called us directly and spoke to us about the diagnosis and options. While he was in vacation!! Now that's who I call a real doctor. They don't come like this anymore. Thank you Dr Athalye.

|  Best Doctor Visit  |  show details
by Utta on Jun 14th, 2013

I had a rare illness and had been to several doctors around the world. Seen specialists of all kinds. No one was able to diagnose what my condition was. Then I finally met Dr Athalye. This was a boon from the Gods. He was able to diagnose my condition instantly. I got treatment done which required medication for just a few weeks. I would highly highly reommend Dr Athalye. He is worth the wait......You want a knowledgeable doctor who can diagnose your problem then this it.

|  A doctor who doesn't care  |  show details
by Guest on Feb 13th, 2013

Dr Athalye only schedules 10 minutes for each patient, exactly 10 minutes. If you are late you are out of luck. No other doctors in the same office will see you even if you cannot get an appointment with Dr Athalye -- a policy I never encountered while visiting other doctors' office. The office manager is extremely rude and threatened me by citing the law which she interpreted incorrectly. Although I have been a patient for years... I am changing doctor.

|  Can't even see the thrush  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

He couldn't even make out if there is thrush in my mouth or not.?

|  Dr. Athayle a wonderful family Physician  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Athayle has been my Dr. for some years now. He is always attentive, caring and professional. Whenever, I do have questions he is always ready to answer them and doesn't rush me if I'm still not understanding. He takes the time to make sure that I'm comfortable in my understanding of my health. I had a 3 day stay in the hospital awhile back and he was there each day checking on me and working with the other specialists as a team. I would recommend Dr. Athayle to anyone looking for a really good family Doctor.

Jun 24th, 2012

I have a feeling this practice is one where the MD's are alloted about 10 minutes per patient. Dr Athalye spent all of 5-6 minutes with me, then recommended a diagnostic test that he would have known would be harmful to my health if he had only listened. Everyone can have a bad day so I'm not saying this visit was typical. Be advised Scottsdale Family Health is a high volume practice, and if you don't mind being treated like a number, it may be okay for you.

|  I have NEVER had a worst experience  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

They employee young ignorant boys for their scheduling staff that dont listen or pay attention to what patients are asking for. I requested a physical exam appointment when I got there, the 2 front office ladies, did not smile did not recipricate when I said good morning, very rude and bossy. I got there 25 mints earlier than my appointments once the nurse took me in the office after checking my vitals she said so you are here for and orientation I replied by letting her know that I was there for an physical exam she told me to let the Doctor know when he comes in, waited in the office exactly 35 mints and when he came in he mentioned the same thing as the nurse that I was there for a orientation & I replied by telling him no I WAS there for a Physical, Dr. Athayle replied by saying that the front office had only scheduled him for a 10 minute visit with me and I would have to make another appointment for any other concerns I may have or I could take it up with the office manager.I asked to speak with the office manager they told me that he was not in, I called later that day left a message for the office manager Mr. Quin, he has not replied at all.So now my insurance has been charge, I have paid my $25.00 co pay and none of my concerns have been attended to still in pain and have to find a new doctor make appointment and hope this nonsense does not happen again.Doctors these days DO NOT care about patients!! Its all about money and they are SO scared of insurance companies!!

|  Review from a Medical Professional  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

I am an Intensive Care RN with 30 years of experience and I found Dr. Athalye to be an excellent Family Practitioner. He was very attentive and spent a good amount of time with me. He gave me quality care with with an excellent outcome and he checked to make sure that I was progressing well after the visit.

|  Didn't rush me, was kind an understanding  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

Was easy to talk to and understanding with the fact that I was about to lose my health insurance and wrote my scrip for a few extra refills. I will happily see him for future appointments.

|  Shun this one  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr.Athalye,pronounced Ottley,runs his office like a walk-in clinic,booking every 15 minutes and rushing through appointments. In a year and a half he never did a complete physical or mentioned a follow up. He is very brusque. For example, when he diagnosed a very painful illness, he said, "you have --, it's a progressive and incurable, take Nsaids, and ran off to see his next patient. He never even bothered to recommend a specialist. I was shocked at his insensitivity. If this is the kind of care you want, by all means see him.

Dec 8th, 2010

very dissappointed

by C. G. on Oct 1st, 2010

He is a very good doctor ! He truly cares about his patients. I feel like he looks after my medical needs very well and he follows up. I highly recomend him !

by Brad D. MD on Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Athalye comes highly recommended within the physician community. Being a physician myself, I find Dr. Athalye to be an astute and compassionate physician. He is the primary care provider to several of my colleagues and their families. We are very fortunate to have a physician of such high calibre in our midst.

|  Janice  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

Dr. Athalye is wonderful!

by Sri Devi on Dec 15th, 2009

Dr. Rahul is an excellent physician. He diagnoses the problem very quickly and prescribes reasonable medication to cure quickly.

Aug 19th, 2009

Really listens and stays with you till you feel your questions have been answered. His nurse staff and reception are very kind.

|  A doctor's doctor.  |  show details
by drlkb on May 18th, 2009

As a just retired physician, I research my choices through other medical professionals to find that doctor who treats many of my colleagues. He is a friendly, pleasant and warm individual who enjoys his practice and has a good grasp of his material. Generous with samples and detailed advise, he would not hesitate to refer to other specialists with whom he would work as a team. Convenient location to Scottsdale Health Care Center - Osborn, his office is comfortable and well appointed. He has helped my through some serious health problems like a lighthouse on a stormy shore. I do not hesitate him to recommend him to be your family physician.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 22nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Our entire family goes here. We no longer use our pediatrician because Dr. Lillo was far more familiar with pediatrics than our pediatricia...

|  Quality Care  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 18th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Lillo reminds me of the old fashion doctor. The kind that truly cares about patient care. He`s not in business to please insurance com...

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 13th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

We`ve been patients for 10 years and wouldn`t go anywhere else. You can always get a same-day appointment. I have always felt that I was g...

|  Doc Athelye is great  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2009

Great bedside manner, and professional.

|  Good for a quick appointment  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 18th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr Lillo is a caring doctor. He can usually squeeze you in when needed. He sticks pretty close to the schedule which is hard to find. Great ...