Dr. Raina Ernstoff MD Patient Reviews

3.1

May 19th, 2015
Although I may have to wait to see her, I know it's because she takes her time with each and everyone of her patients.

January 26th, 2015
Myasthenia Gravis
Dr. Ernstoff is worth the wait. There is always a good reason if you wait. One time I had a very long wait, almost 3 hours my son and I fell asleep which made the long wait seem very short. I have spent 12 hours per visit at neurologists before so I schedule nothing else for that day. I write everything down on the office exam questionnaire, meds, new symptoms and any issues. She answers everything. My wife uses and recommends Dr Ernstoff and so does my stepson because Dr Ernstoff cured the headache he had every day for months. Cured in two days. Dr Ernstoff treated my Severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 9 on VAS (1 to 10 where 1 is minor 10 is unbearable). After 3 months I only mentioned it because extremely sore wrists prevented a squeeze test. She cured it no surgery and seven years later no pain ever. Not every Doctor has a great "bedside" ability. I am there for the excellent knowledge Dr. Ernstoff has and I enjoy her and her staff. Best Neurologist in the State!

December 16th, 2014
Highly Recommend Dr. Ernstoff
Dr. Ernstoff is my mom's doctor and she is phenomenal.

June 2nd, 2014
Adore her!!
I love Dr. Ernstoff, I have been a patient for many years. Yes, she does make you responsible for taking part in your own care which is a good thing. I find her staff to be fine but at times a little frenzied. She definitely knows her stuff! If you act like an idiot with no thought for your own diagnosis you may be treated as such. It is up to us to learn, ask questions of her which she readily answers. She is a team player!!

October 26th, 2012
Can not Recomend
Stay away from this Dr.

November 15th, 2011
Horrible bed side manner
This was a long time ago, but it still really bothers me. I got ill in 1991 with blurred vision, dizziness, and numbness. Was sent to Beaumont for admittance, and testing. Long story short, I was diagnosed with MS. My issue with Dr. Ernstoff is the WAY I was told...it was an early morning, all by myself (no family) she walks in, states that my MRI confirms I had MS. I was shocked, no one even told me this could be my issue. I was 23 at the time, just had a baby 6 months before, as well as a 2 year old at home, husband, and I thought I was gonna die SOON. No explanation of the disease...all I heard was those scary initials "MS"...she then turned and said she had to make her rounds and left me alone. I started sobbing, called my husband sobbing...thinking I was on deaths door. Thankfully a sweet nurse heard my cries, came in, consoled me...and explained the disease, and that I had a long life in front of me. I will never forget the hurt and anguish this doctor put me through, because of her lack of caring.

October 28th, 2010
Janice J. Moore
I was a patient for 10 years. I moved out of state. Dr. Ernstoff was ver good in treating me. I learned that I must also be responsible for my health care. Dr. E. empowerwed me with knowledge as to how to be a good patiet. Yes, the wait is unacceptable, but the neuro and internist I currently have is like Dr. E., and I have decided to find new Dr.'s. Dr. E. would at least tell me to call her office to see if she is running on time and if not, do sometning else. Dr. E. spent time with her patients making sure they understand what is happening with their illnell and giving you time to ask questions unlike the Dr.'s I have here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Dr. E. probably spreads herself too thin. I meet her at a MS support group as a guest speaker. I was impressed with her knowledge about MS and other diseases. Yes, her staff is rude. But I found the same her. Maybe they are overworked and angry with the Dr. for scheduling so many patirnts per day. I need to see a dr. now but I don't want to deal with the triage whom makes me sicker before I get to the emergency room Dr.E. is certainly not goofing off. Again, I am having the same problem her in Texas. Also, Dr. E. dictates her office and thgey are transcribe for easy reading. Alot of Dr.'s I have can not read their writing,so at the next visit they leave it to you to remind them. The staff at alot of Dr.'s office can make the Dr. look Bad. They are intimidating at times. Dr. E. is great.

July 4th, 2010
My time is worth money also
I have been going to Dr. Ernstoff for 30 plus years. She has always been very personable. Even though I like her, I am done waiting hours to see her. It is nothing to wait 2 or more hours to see her. Yes she is a fantastic Dr...but the wait has just gotten to be too much. I am now looking for another Dr.

November 17th, 2009
Late, Late, and office workers rude
I have waited for this doctor for 1hour 45minutes. She rushes in after being so late full of apologizes. She though has been this late the 4 times which I saw her. I came in for migraines after all the test, I got a prescription for Imetrex - which caused my chest to tighten, not good. I ended up focusing on super nutrition and magnesium and guess what my severe, 2 day migraines are gone or can be handled with aspirin. This doctor talked nothing of nutrition or even evaluated my nutritional deficiencies. Plus getting my records was equally a challenge via her rude staff.