A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rainer Engel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rainer Engel, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Undescended Testis (Cryptorchidism)
- Urethral Diseases
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Engel graduated from Rheinischen Friedrich Wilhelms Universitaet Bonn.
Dr. Engel has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Union Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Engel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans