Dr. Raissa Villanueva MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Rochester, NY

June 1st, 2015
very intelligent but poor bedside manner
Didn't listen to what I was trying to explain at all. Worst bedside manner, and to top it off another male employee walked in to my room while I was in just a gown and all she said to him was she would meet him in 5 for lunch she was almost done. Never apologized for the intrusion. After my exam I asked if she was able to give me an idea what was going on and she said she doesn't specialize in my disease so would be sending me off to another provider anyway. Overall I assume that since she is a neurologist she must be very intelligent but seriously needs to work on bedside manner. I felt like she couldn't have cared less about me or what I was going through but I do at least appreciate that she is sending me to one of her colleagues who can. I hope my next experience is better than this one.

November 1st, 2013
Dr. Villanueva needs more schooling!
First thing, Dr. Villanueva NEVER did any medical testing on me. Only asked questions. NEVER once did bloodwork, CT scan, or any medical testing whatsoever. When I asked why she hasn't done testing, she simply said " I know what I'm doing, I don't need machines." Really? Second, after numerous visits we never did find a cause to my migraines. Nor did we find a medication to prevent or help them. When I asked what the next step was? She told me, "she didn't know what to do with me, and that I had a problem with pain meds." Last but not least, Dr. Villanueva put in my online medical record that I had an addiction to Percoset(which is the only thing that helped my migraines) and cause my PCH to take them away as well. Dr. Villanueva is an absolute joke. I would never go back to see her again. She needs to go back to school. Also learn to listen to her patience, and do Medical testing....not just ask questions. If you want to know what is wrong with you, don't waste your time with her. She is a waste of money!

October 6th, 2013
Dr. V is an excellent doctor!

November 8th, 2012
no bedside mannor
Doesn't like to be questioned on her OPINION on things. If feel what is being said is not pertinant to why there. If you are upset over something being said doesn't matter will still push the subject and justify why it is being said. Not even offering another Dr who possible could help. Just that this is what it is (no tests done)looking at past records and making a judgement call baste on other ppl. Will tell you " you know you dont have to come back, though Im not kickng you to the curb. It is your choice" Basically kicked to the curb because disagreed whith a quick judgment/ OPION on matters. Very rude will speak to other dr's about you while you are standing there/ in ear shot in a negative mannor.

August 29th, 2012
It was a long wait to see this doctor, but she was well worth the wait. Her bedside manner is exceptional and I will be referring many friends to her!

August 8th, 2012
Never looked at my chart. Though said wanted a FULL PICTURE of things and was very pushy about obtaining old Dr records from someone who I hadn't seen in 2 yrs. Had the records from Cleveland Clinic yet that wasn't enough for her. Did a few test I failed one of them and difficulty doing other and after this made a diagnosis as to what was wrong (with out her FULL PICTURE). Was very upset at to what she had just done and all that was given was a "well I'm sorry you feel this way but this is what I think" then said " not that I'm throwing you to the curb but you know you don't have to come back if you don't want to" yet by saying this that is exactly what she did. Her bedside manner sucks as well as her empathy.