Orthopedic Surgeons

11550 Indian Hills Rd
Ste 241
Mission Hills, CA 91345
818-361-0136
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2012

Dr. Ahluwalia performed a left knee arthroscopy on me in january, 2009. One week later, I was able to walk without assistance to my appointment. I used the crutches for about 5 minutes the first day to go home and since he said wait bearing as tolerated, I chose to walk slowly without assistance.My appointments were always productive as he answered my questions promptly. Once we decided on the surgery, the process moved quickly and he told me I would not need therapy and I did not. I have a medical background so I am comfortable speaking with doctors but I am not a clinician. Also, I have different expectations of a surgeon than of a family practitioner. There is a difference on the warm and fuzzy.I will tell you that although I no longer live in Southern California, if i need another orthopaedic surgery, I would travel from the East Coast to Dr. Ahluwalia for it.

|  No Social Skills, Questionable Medical Skills  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Took a 12 year old with broken wrist to see him. Dr. was a complete jerk, so much so that the 12 year old said, "What a jerk."Told us that child's broken bone was already healed (despite being sent to him via emergency room, who said he had two fractures), and refused to sit down with us and explain why child was experiencing severe pain.Total jerk.

|  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

MD's demeanor was pretty cold and detached. Extremely good looking, that maybe redeemed his lack of personality.

|  Confidence  |  show details
by john wilson on Aug 26th, 2010

The Doctor is excellent.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2010

Overall I had a very good experience. Dr. Ahluwalia operated on my shoulder. I had been to another doctor who said nothing could be done for my shoulder-he was very rude. I saw Dr. Ahluwalia and he fixed my shoulder. I have no pain and can golf now. Sometimes there is a wait to see him, but never longer than 30 minutes. I would highly recommend him.

|  The Butcher  |  show details
by Very Pissed Off Patient on Jul 17th, 2009

Dr. Ahluwalia fractured my femur while doing a simple meniscus repair. I had to spend almost a month in the hospital at a cost of close to $400,000. I will never be able to walk without the help of a walker and normally I need a wheelchair to get around. It has been a year since his butchering job of me.

|  Dr. Ahluwalia  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2008

Dr. Ahluwalia seems afraid of people. He always stays at least 3 feet away and never even cracks a smile. He's very dry and matter of fact.