Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

3.0

by Adelia on Jul 30th, 2015

I think Dr Ahluwalia is a awesome doctor as is his staff extra stars to Michelle his beside manners seems cold but he is not I find him to be caring aND understands ones pain I would recommend him in a heart beat :) AE

Should have trusted my gut instead of Dr. Raj show details Should have trusted my gut instead of Dr. Raj
Jul 6th, 2015

Misdiagnosed. Ended up with unnecessary complications. Needs to learn to treat the patient and not the MRI.

Feb 18th, 2015

A GIANT Conundrum!!!!!!

Former Patient show details Former Patient
Mar 30th, 2012

Dr. Ahluwalia performed a left knee arthroscopy on me in january, 2009. One week later, I was able to walk without assistance to my appointment. I used the crutches for about 5 minutes the first day to go home and since he said wait bearing as tolerated, I chose to walk slowly without assistance.My appointments were always productive as he answered my questions promptly. Once we decided on the surgery, the process moved quickly and he told me I would not need therapy and I did not. I have a medical background so I am comfortable speaking with doctors but I am not a clinician. Also, I have different expectations of a surgeon than of a family practitioner. There is a difference on the warm and fuzzy.I will tell you that although I no longer live in Southern California, if i need another orthopaedic surgery, I would travel from the East Coast to Dr. Ahluwalia for it.

No Social Skills, Questionable Medical Skills show details No Social Skills, Questionable Medical Skills
Sep 15th, 2011

Took a 12 year old with broken wrist to see him. Dr. was a complete jerk, so much so that the 12 year old said, "What a jerk."Told us that child's broken bone was already healed (despite being sent to him via emergency room, who said he had two fractures), and refused to sit down with us and explain why child was experiencing severe pain.Total jerk.

Jan 21st, 2011

MD's demeanor was pretty cold and detached. Extremely good looking, that maybe redeemed his lack of personality.

Confidence show details Confidence
by john wilson on Aug 26th, 2010

The Doctor is excellent.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
Jan 21st, 2010

Overall I had a very good experience. Dr. Ahluwalia operated on my shoulder. I had been to another doctor who said nothing could be done for my shoulder-he was very rude. I saw Dr. Ahluwalia and he fixed my shoulder. I have no pain and can golf now. Sometimes there is a wait to see him, but never longer than 30 minutes. I would highly recommend him.

The Butcher show details The Butcher
by Very Pissed Off Patient on Jul 17th, 2009

Dr. Ahluwalia fractured my femur while doing a simple meniscus repair. I had to spend almost a month in the hospital at a cost of close to $400,000. I will never be able to walk without the help of a walker and normally I need a wheelchair to get around. It has been a year since his butchering job of me.

Dr. Ahluwalia show details Dr. Ahluwalia
Dec 3rd, 2008

Dr. Ahluwalia seems afraid of people. He always stays at least 3 feet away and never even cracks a smile. He's very dry and matter of fact.