Dr. Raj Gupta MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017
The Best
I suffered from excessive day time sleepiness for some time and went to see Dr. Gupta. He diagnose my condition right away and arranged my sleep study immediately. After the sleep study he loaned me CPAP right away and I did not have to wait several week for my insurance to approve CPAP. This was above and beyond what I expected.

January 23rd, 2017
Kudos to Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta has taken Great care of my Parents. I Highly recommend him to Everyone. Very kind, understanding and most of all, gives YOU, the patient and family, his Undivided Attention. Office Staff is very personable.

May 21st, 2013
Best doctor
Dr. Gupta took car of me for years. Office staff was nice and co operative. I never had to wait for appointment and practice went our of their way to help me.

May 19th, 2013
Saved my life.

April 13th, 2013
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER --- SPARE YOURSELF!
I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone; not even my worst enemy. I was initially thought to have a sleep disorder and was sent for an MSLT. I later found out that the results were false due to unfit conditions (lights on, noisy, blinds open, given coffee by nurse the morning of). Additionally, Dr. Gupta sent me for the study knowing that the medication I was on would hinder my results, making an accurate diagnosis impossible, which I later found out. Dr. Gupta diagnosed me with a life-altering condition without having solid data. He did not carry out the protocol that someone with a medical degree should adhere to. The doctor was flat out negligent. Not to mention, he put me on amphetamines without even knowing for sure what I had! After several months of being on medication that was not working and learning that my symptoms were not improving, I began to question the doctor. He had no answers for me and began to retrace his steps. He started performing tests that should have been done prior to putting me on medication. The lack of professionalism was appalling. I was sitting in the examination room when the doctor told me he would return in a few minutes. Since I was right across the hall from his office, I heard the doctor fumbling through his files, huffing and puffing, cussing to himself, and finally, after waiting nearly twenty minutes, Dr. Gupta returned with no answers for me. He simply upped the dosage of my medication, and said see you in a month. During me next follow up, the doctor requested that I wear a sleep monitor on my arm for a week to view my sleep patterns. After obtaining the results, Dr. Gupta told me that I had irregular sleep patterns, advised that I regulate my sleep schedule, took me completely off the amphetamines that he had me taking for nearly six months, and retracted the diagnosis he initially gave me! He showed no remorse or emotion and actually smiled while telling me this information. The doctor stated that my MSLT was inconclusive since the medication I was on at the time actually kept me awake. So why bother doing the study knowing that it would not provide solid evidence? Not to mention, I was put on dangerous medication that could potentially harm you if taken when not needed. You would hope a practicing doctor would know such a thing...Do yourself a favor, and go see a specialist from NYU or Colombia. Dr. Gupta's shenanigans are not worth your time or troubles.

October 21st, 2012
No compassion
Poor bedside mannerNo compassionUntrustworthy

March 18th, 2011
Unhappy
This "Dr" is condesending and has no bed-side manner. I did not trust him the first time I met him. Many other Physicians in area agree he is an idiot.

February 10th, 2011
MR STEVE SCALZI
GREAT DOCTOR AND STAFF AS WELL

December 20th, 2010
it is always a pleasure visiting the office. The office staff is friendly and helpful and my doctor is very thorough and concientious. I reccomend him to my friends and family

April 17th, 2008
misdiagnossed completely
was treated for asthma when i had pneumonia,also had severe fluid in lungs,did not listen to me when i complained about treatment i was getting,checked myself into hospital and was immediatly diagnossed as having pneumonia and collapsed lung

May 17th, 2017