Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist
Video profile

Dec 2nd, 2013

First of all, when I arrived I was asked to fill out paperwork. One of the papers said that I give my permission for the dr. to use pictures of me in ads and so forth. I didn't sign it because I didn't like that idea of being used for promotional purposes. The receptionist said that I have to sign it because it is the law. So I went ahead and signed. Dr. Gupta saw me in a room that looked like a waiting room, because the guy sitting right next to me was getting his hand wrapped by the nurse. He wasn't any further than two feet away. I'm not sure if this violates any HIPA laws or not, but I really don't like to be diagnosed in front of strangers. When the Dr. did come in, he stood about two feet from me, he never touched me to look at my finger, and all he said was, "you have to have a skin graft we will schedule it on Friday. Then he started to walk away. I then asked him to explain, and he sat down in front of me and gave me a loose explanation, then left. The nurse bandaged up my wound again and I was on my way. I absolutely hated his bedside manner, so I called U of M and I got in to see a hand dr there. He said a skin Graft was not necessary and he stitched it up. He was appalled that the wound was so dirty. I would have thought that dr. Guptas office would have cleaned it, but they didn't. Also, the U of M dr. Said that it was not illegal if I didn't want to sign a paper stating that he could use my images for self promotion. My wound looks great now, and I am so glad that I didn't proceed with Dr. Gupta. Oh yea, for all of that '"attention" dr. Gupta gave me, he charged $250.00.!!