Dr. Raj Rathee MD Patient Reviews

4.9

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2017
Love Dr Rathee, i had alot of problems with heavy bleeding and Dr gave me my options and let me choose which one i wanted. I got the ablasion but it only lasted a year and ended up not working having to get a hysterectomy anyway. Scheduled to do surgery in the morning but due to the surgery room being behind schedule it kept getting later and later. Dr. Had been waiting too for our turn. It ened up ao late dr suggested we reschedule and i was so disappointed and scheduled this time off work and had fastes all day i told him i really didnt want to wait...well he really cared about this and agreed to go ahead and do it anyway even though we were gonna be really late. He did a great job and ended up i had uterin and cervila cancer that is why ablasion didnt work. Dr rathee was very kind and sensative to me delivering this news to me and. He took very good care of me.

May 15th, 2015
Overall a good doctor, but there were some things that were irritating
I originally had a different doctor at this health center, but I got switched to Dr. Rathee. I remembered reading his reviews on this website and saw he was so well-reviewed and so I had no problem switching. After two appointments with him, this is what I have come to observe: The good things: He explains things really well and tries to make conversation and be friendly. The not so good: I feel like he has some perceptions in regards to women's problems or maybe his experience being a doctor (maybe people coming in and complaining about things that didn't make sense or that weren't real) that are tainting his perception of what might actually be going on and preventing him from fully listening, at least in my case. The primary concern at my visit was that I've been having persistent abdominal bloating and my pelvic area has been bloated as well, plus some other strange symptoms - for over a month now. We did tests to rule out issues, but overall he was dismissive about the bloating which has been my major constant symptom. During the first appointment, once he figured out it was not ascites and it wasn't super obvious bloating (if you don't know how I look normally) I heard him mention something like "well women always think they are bloated." I repeated multiple times during the visit that this was absolutely not a normal type of bloating for me, that it wasn't just around my menstrual cycle, that it's not because I think I'm fat, and that it gets worse in the evening, but it is constant and I want to figure out what it is (people probably think upon hearing bloating "you have a little bloating, so what?" - but to me this is an abnormal bloating that points to a possible underlying bigger problem). I didn't feel like he was really listening to most of what I was saying about it. He gave all the right tests and was doing his best to investigate in case there was anything wrong, but in general I could tell his perception was that of wanting to chalk the bloating up to it either being in my head or me thinking I'm fat (because women get bloated and complain about that, or that it's menstrual bloating, etc). During the followup appointment, most tests had come back negative. When I brought up the bloating still being an issue and me still wanting to figure it out even suggested "airbrush liposuction", to which I said no, this is not a fat issue. It is bloating. I understand that as a doctor you might encounter a lot of people with weird complaints that ARE in their heads and deal with a lot of crap from people. I don't think he is a bad doctor. But I know when something is truly abnormal for me and I want to get it figured out, and I expect to be taken fully seriously with an open mind. I feel that many doctors (especially those with years of experience) have the illusion of knowledge - they do know a lot and have a lot of experience, but this can work against you by actually limiting your mind to only your own experiences and perceptions. He did do his job and we did all the right tests so I have no complaints as far as that goes.

February 4th, 2015
Amazing Dr.
Reliable. Caring. Trustworthy and patient! Love Rathee!! Trust him with my life!

March 2nd, 2014
EXCELLANT AMAZING DOCTOR
I had been convinced that male obgyn were only book smart that I would need a female ob, she would understand and know what I was going through,well because of my thinking and previous experience I almost lost the chance to have him as my ob, the er referred him to me so i reluctenly made my appt,i was seen the very next day, i had already had a mind set he was not going to listen to me disregard all i had to say etc, well i owe him an apology i am so grateful to him he actually listen to my issues, and is getting my ihealth issues taken care right away, he is truely concerned, very attentive, i have been suffering and in pain for 5yrs with periods fibroids im 56 i thought i was finally getting relief after 14months of period and pain free i started my period, i kew i needed a hysterectomy 5yrs of drs male and female telling me no not now its normal, he provided me exceptional care and I am now finally going to have my hysterectomy, he has restored my faith, i have told everyone i know about him, Dr Rathee is a doctor that all doctors should strive to be, just because of the human side of him his compassion this i could see from my 1st visit i knew i finally found my dr, i knew he would help me and get my life back to normal, it doesnt take multiple visits to come to the decision about him you can tell in 5mins of meeting him that he is compassionate, caring, and honest i felt like i have known him for years that is how comfterable he makes you feel, when he walks in the room he is smiling he is really listening to your compliants not rushing you so he can get to the next patient and to think i almost blew the chance of having him for my dr because i thought a female dr is what i needed , he is the type of dr that all women need , his asst ben is very nice and attentive and listen to everything i had to say, his nurses could not be any nicer , i can not say enough about his staff and dr rathee, whin 2wks i will be having surgery i almost started to cry when he told me i needed one i finally had someone to realluy listen and agree..THANK YOU SO MUCH i will tell everyone and recommend him to all , i justcant say enouf\gh good things about him and his staff and from only one meeting but that is allit takes you know if its right or night and he is the perfect choice....thank you dr Rathee, and for his nurse Amanda who knows how to give a shot that is pain free and who can calm a big baby like me who doesnt like needles ...one visit is all it takes dont be like me and almost miss the chance of having a real dr that is for the patient not just the money

January 29th, 2014
Excellent physician
Dr. Rathee was attentive, patient, and kind. He was very sensitive towards my situation, and was a caring physician.I would recommend him to women of all ages. My experience there was amazing.

October 27th, 2013
I would recommend this doctor to every woman to use. Excellent excellent doctor. This is the only doctor I will EVER see.

June 7th, 2013
One of the best OB/GYN doc's I've seen
I normally do not write reviews but I have been dealing with a problem for the past four years that has pretty much consumed my time during this time frame. I've seen about 4 doctor's in this specialty during this period and I have to say Dr. Rathee has been the most caring, knowledgeable and succinct GYN doc that I have ever dealt with. After reviewing and discussing with me my history we came to the same conclusions. We also went over potential alternative treatments and methodically ruled out each one to come to one conclusive treatment for my issue. The other doctors I had seen could not answer my questions with logical information and attempted to force their treatment plans on me without listening to what I had to say or even listening to my counsel about said treatments. I love Dr. Rathee and I will pass his name along to as many people as will listen for all looking to consult an OB/GYN doctor. Thank you Dr. Rathee for taking care of my issue! You Rock!

September 12th, 2012
Amazing doctor!
I have gone to three gynecologists and a fertility specialist. I've been trying to get pregnant for over eight years and Dr. Rathee has gotten me further in the last month then any other Dr., Even the " fertility specialist"! This is the first time I have ever felt like I'm getting somewhere, that I might get pregnant :) He listens and I have never felt rushed. I definitely recommend Dr. Rathee!

June 28th, 2012
i love dr. rathee
Excellent doctor

June 25th, 2012
Best Doctor
I've been to Dr Rathee twice for my visit and he is the best doctor I've ever had.He spends time with you, listens to your problems, is very compassionate and excellent physician. I don't have enough words to thank him for being not only an excellent physician but a wonderful human being! I recommend him to all women who need someone caring, always available on phone physician!!

November 14th, 2011
I love Dr Rathee, He is a wonderful dr!
I had my last son with Dr.Rathee, and he always made me feel so comfortable, and was never in a hurry. However, with this pregnancy 15 months later, he seemed more rushed and like he couldnt take much time with his patients, so i changed dr's, but i liked him alot!

September 21st, 2011
Awesome Doctor!
I love Dr. Rathee!!! He was so great! Going in to my second pregnancy I wanted a female Dr. like I had with my first child. When I met Rathee I was really unsure if I was going to be comfortable with a male Doctor. Rathee made me feel so comfortable! He was very focused on me, listened to everyone of my questions and concerns. He remembered me and recalled our past conversations in our appointments. Dr. Rathee was involved in my labor and made my labor experience so relaxing and great. With my first pregnancy we decided to go with a mid-wife, but my experience with Dr. Rathee was much better than my experience with a mid-wife. Keep up the GREAT work Dr. Rathee!!!