Dr. Rajalakshmi Venkatesh MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Terre Haute, IN

March 15th, 2017
I'm not sure how this doctor doesn't have a 5 star rating. This was my first time visiting a gynogologist and she made me feel super comfortable,came in and talked to me before the examine to answer questions and explain throughly what she was going to do. All though I waited a very long time. It was worth it to have such a great doctor. I highly recommend her!

September 12th, 2016
Doesn't like to be told she may be wrong or listen to issues.
I went to Dr. Venkatesh for 3 months of breakthrough bleeding caused by birth control and she wasn't able to find out the source, but was finally able to control it by switching to s different birth control that I take continuous per her instructions. I ended up on the emergency room with horrific cramps and ended up seeing her afterwards. She wouldn't listen that I've had cramps like these since I was 12 every time I have a period and told me that some women just get bad cramps. She refused to do any tests or schedule a laparoscopy to see if she could confirm endometriosis or another underlying condition. But, she did offer to tie my tubes and do an ablation without finding out the source of the issue. When I started that I wanted a second opinion, she sent me a form letter dropping me as a patient. She does not believe that she could possibly be wrong and refuses to listen to a patient that knows what their body should and should not feel like.

August 14th, 2016
Hate to say had a bad experience and still the nurses don't call me or the doctor replying anything. Bad bad bad experience.

June 13th, 2013
She answers cell phone calls while being with patients. Decent doctor otherwise.

July 6th, 2011
Wish she was our family doctor!
My experience with Dr. V is quite extensive, as she delivered both of my babies via c-section over the past two years. She always made me comfortable, did wonderful through the surgeries, and was very easy to talk to. No question was too small for her to patiently explain, and this was even true for my extended family when I was in the hospital.

June 30th, 2011
Nice to talk. She made me comfortable during all my visits. Definitely would recommend her.

March 7th, 2011
Former patient
Dr. Venkatesh is a very nice woman, but she is inconsiderate of her patient's time. If you are running late, please be courteous to your patients. She is also too young for me and I am impatient with her indecisiveness. I feel like a number, not a person. I will find another doctor.

January 26th, 2011
Hasty diagnosis
Nice to talk to but imagine telling a patient on 2nd visit and no tests/diagnosis that they cant conceive. This led to insurance problems as insurance doesnt cover infertility. Got tired calling the office and the insurance company to resolve the issue.