Pediatric Specialist, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist

by Amy Reardon on Nov 25th, 2015

We are so thankful we got a second opinion from Dr. Peterssen! We originally took our son to an ENT in Fredericksburg, who despite our son's history of chronic sinus issues and numerous ear infections, didn't feel we needed to do anything for our son. 6 months later after more ear and sinus infections and the continued chronic runny nose, our pediatrician referred us to VCU. We were able to get an appointment with Dr. Petersson within 4 days. We didn't even wait 5 minutes before we were called back. The nurse spent time talking to us, then we met with the audiologist and she spoke with me at length, then the nurse practitioner spent a long time going over my son's history and then Dr. Petersson came in and took her time with us. While my husband and I were concened about tubes, the staff here educated us about adenoids. Something the other Doctor never mentioned! Enlarged adenoids seemed to perfectly describe our son's symptoms and chronic issues. Surgery was scheduled within a few weeks and his adenoids were 95% blocked! We are just so thankful for Dr. Petersson and the excellent staff in this office. Thank you for listening to us and making our little guy better.