Dr. Rajat Bhushan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rajat Bhushan?

October 2nd, 2015

I saw Dr. Bhushan for about 13 years and I left in 2014 when he no longer accepted any time of health care plans (cash only). He and his staff were nice, but little or no improvement was shown in my diabetics. When I started going to the clinic I was a type 11 diabetic and I tried pills, victoza and another injectable which was supposed to help control my diabetics. I did not like when they alternated the P.A and Dr. Bhushan. I felt I should have been seen more often than every six months. My AIC was 9.5 when I left the clinic even thought I was using an insulin pump. Testing from my new endocrinologist showed I am now a type 1 diabetic.

February 3rd, 2014

Sad that for Insurance reasons I had to leave

Dr B has changed the way he takes conventional insurance; therefore, I had to start seeing another doc. I sure do miss him and his entire staff. They were the BEST --always explained lab results and diagnosis to you. They care about your well being, not necessarily just the condition that you went in for. This seems to be a rarity in the medical profession today. Just been diagnosed with a diabetic condition and have had a nightmare experience with new physician. For those of you that still see Dr B, be very thankful as it is very very hard to find another to fill his and his staff's shoes.

December 29th, 2013

Dr. B. called me a non compliant patient because told him in a note on my patient portal that I would be looking for another dr because I felt I was not getting clls back from his office in a timely manner when I was having problems with meds. Also he kept trying to give me symilyn I, which is no good for patients who have had pancreas problems. I called about meds that were making me feel bad and did not get a return call for 5 days. And was lied to in the office and told he was gone for the day, and saw him going into another patients room.

July 26th, 2013

Great Doctor and excellent staff!

September 26th, 2012

Revolutionary

In 1995 Dr. Bhushan put my then 12-year old daughter on the insulin pump when conventional insulin shots were obviously not working well for her. Back then most doctors would not even consider putting a child on the pump, but Dr. Bhushan considered her case based on all factors, not just her age. The insulin pump literally changed her life for the better. She is now 29, still pumping and doing well!

December 2nd, 2011

Rude receptionist

I just called and asked if he took our insurance and she said he didn't. I asked if they could refer to another endrocronoligst that might take the insurance and she said I don't know. I asked about any other endrocronoligst in the area and the receptionist said "I don't know." Lovely conversation.

September 12th, 2010

It is more than frustrating to be called "non-compliant" when you're doing your very best to maintain a prescribed regimine of medication and diet. I met Dr. Bhushan at a very low point in my life, both physically and emotionally. I was terribly discouraged, but he actually spent time with me, trying to ascertain what had and hadn't worked for me. He asked questions and then really listened to and considered my answers! What a concept! On a daily basis, people notice the positive change in my appearance and my overall disposition. I happily tell them about MY doctor in Baton Rouge. Only problem is that I may NEVER be able to get in to see him after they make their appointments!

October 20th, 2009

Pro Active diagnostic

I'm writing this about my daughter. She's been seeing Dr. B for several years and he noticed a change in her Thyroid & Hormone levels that weren't responding to meds. He sent her for an MRI & found a Pituitary tumor. Had he not been pro-active, we could have had a tragedy on our hands. This man is a blessing to his patients and his profession!

November 29th, 2008