Pediatrician, Nephrologist, Family Practitioner
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. Kudzu.
 |  Beware the Beautiful Office  |  show details
by Anne Laudonio on Aug 13th, 2014

What can I say about this office.. It's decorated like a theme park it's beautiful, that's about it. I decided to tag along with a good friend of mine who was going to see Dr. Agarwal for a frenotomy clip consultation. I was looking for a new pediatricians office for my five kids so I thought why not tag along. The reception staff was nice, they all seemed a bit young but as I read the previous review and laugh as I believe I witnessed the same woman at the reception desk scolding her staff as if they were children. The place is unorganized unstructured and not somewhere I would recommend. The provider was a sweetheart but that's not enough. Then my friend is done with a visit and wants to schedule the procedure and she is informed that the scheduler has to call back to schedule..why if we're already there must we leave and get a call. I asked if he was in office they stated he was but not available. I hear one of the girls send out and intercom page with no avail. Luckily for us a women i believe Melissa is her name came out and assisted us. If it wasn't for the fact that it seems that each person covers the other to avoid parent conflict this would have been a disaster. I would not bring my children to this office ever.

by Jenny P. on May 14th, 2014

Beautiful office, great patient care from front desk, nurses and doctors.. the only complaint I have is that there was an older woman whom i presume to be the office supervisor or coordinator was out yelling at the receptionist staff and unprofessionally scolding them as I was leaving my appointment. This is probably not something I want my children to see when in the office as they are already on edge when seeing the doctor.

Apr 15th, 2014

Extremely disappointed with the front desk and staff. I won't be returning. Always wait 35-45 mins they rush through the appointment. and they also don't seem considerate when you ask questions. Only thing that was nice about the office was agarwals surgeries for tongue tie.

|  My favorite doctor ever!!  |  show details
by Anne S on Feb 18th, 2014

I love Dr. Agarwal!! He is by far my favorite doctor. He spends time with my two boys during each visit. When either boy has come across any serious ailment, Dr. A has provided his opinion about the issue but also sent us to a specialist to ensure that we were comfortable with the information. I recommend Dr. A to all my friends and co-workers! At times he can run late but he always spends the necessary time with my kids once he gets into the room, so I would rather wait for a doctor who is willing to send the time with my kids.

|  Love Dr Thomas and Dr Agarwal and Staff  |  show details
by M.K. on Aug 28th, 2013

I take my children to see Dr Thomas normally but have moved closer to their South Scottsdale location and see Dr Agarwal, that is if I can schedule with him. Dr Agarwal is an extremely difficult Dr to schedule with because everytime I call they tell me he is scheduling out far in advance but I will gladly wait for an avaialble meeting with him he is a great Dr. The South Scottsdale location is considerably smaller than the North Scottsdale office but the staff is just as friendly I normally get a warm excited greeting from Xena when I check in and more recently Reuben has been there and he is just a complete Breath of Fresh Air and extremely knowledgeable of insurances and office policies I came in with a question regarding a bill that I had and he explained it to me in a way that I could easily understand without drawing the explaination out all while dealing with ringing phones and a loud waiting room. Also the nursing staff is great Victor and Vivianne are two of the sweetest people great bedside manner and excellent with children. All in all although the office is a bit small.. the parking is attrocious I continue to come here because this is definitely a great place for my children's care and I would change it for the world.

|  Doesn't get any better than Dr A  |  show details
by Shannon Sukung on Mar 11th, 2013

Love this office. I have been going there for a few years now and Dr Agarwal makes you feel at home. My son who hates to go to the doctor Loves Dr Agawal. Thank you for always being amazing.

|  Friendliest Staff Ever  |  show details
by Paula A. on Feb 15th, 2013

I just want to say that most of the staff is great there always able to get in and be seen I've been with Dr Agarwal since 2011 and although I've seen staff come and go the current staff now is GREAT! The check in gal with the twin sister there is always friendly although the gentlemen at checkout Armando I believe his name is although he is friendly at times every time I go there he's on his cell phone and I know it's adult staff and some smoke he tends to smell strongly of cigarette I guess that's a small price to pay for the great service I normally get there! Kudos Dr Agarwal my children love you!!

|  Horrible office  |  show details
by Kate S. on Feb 1st, 2013

Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is one of the top doctors I've ever met. He's nice and genuinely loves children. The rest of his staff is rude and incompetent. His nurse Victor is the only person in that office who knows his job and is always a nice person. My son has had pneumonia (he's 7 months old) for 6 weeks now and NO ONE has helped us. I've been transferred doctors (all except doctor Agarwal) and finally someone prescribed a chest X-ray to see what was happening. I sat on hold for 30 minutes after countless attempts to reach Dr. Thomas regarding the X-rays. I left messages with 3 people! I was told I would get a call by 5:15 and when 5:40 rolled around I decided to call back, only to find that the office was closed. I left a nasty voicemail demanding a call and called the emergency hotline number (which they charge 10 dollars to use) and finally got a hold of the doctor. If you want to wait 20 minutes past your appointment time every time you go in AND be treated like you don't matter. Then this is the place for you. If you're one of the selected lucky ones to see victor and Dr. Agarwal for all of your visits, then I can promise you'll love this place.

|  Awesome Docs!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jan 12th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I've been bringing my children to Dr. Agarwal's practice for years. He is very caring and passionate. All the other providers are great. I c ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Amazing doctor and bedside manner!  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

I've been taking my children to Desert Ridge Children's Center for a while now and have loved all the doctors there, but we started seeing Dr. Agarwal specifically because of my son's kidney issues. I'll tell you what, he is truly amazing. He is one of the kindest, most genuine doctors I've ever met. He really cares about patients and also about the parents and how they are doing if all questions/concerns are addressed, and he also is extremely competent and knowledgeable. He is really what medicine should be about. He is in demand and is always busy, and sometimes we have to wait a bit to see him, but it is only because he takes his time with his patients. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Agarwal!

|  chandler mom  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2010

Dr Agarwal has been takeing care of my children since 2006. He is one of the best doctors I have seen, he has always diagnosid my kids correctly he is highly recomended! (sorry for the bad spelling lol)

by Melissa Sandberg on Jun 3rd, 2010

I have used Dr. Agarwal since my daughter was born in 2005. He is absolutely THE BEST!! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

|  The best Pediatrician you could wish for!  |  show details
by The Hall Family on Jan 8th, 2009

Office is friendly and always available. Dr. A is amazing. Very attentive and excellent at his job. Has the bedside manner most doctors nowadays do not take the time out to do anymore. I have three children that have been in his care for the past 8 years and they love him. Would highly recommend should you be so fortunate to live near by.

by Lucy and Laci on Dec 9th, 2008

My daughter, 17, has had recurring kidney issues. We live in Tucson, and trying to find a PEDIATRIC Nephrologist is like pulling teeth. It finally came down to an urgent need to be seen. He was the ONLY one with a staff that was caring enough to get her in quickly. From stepping into his office, we felt at ease. He has amazing metal artwork up that he himself has painted. The staff was courteous and professional, but kind as well. And Dr. Agarwal, well, I think that many Drs could take lessons from his approach in dealing w/ patients. It turned out that the kidney problem was treatable, but the way he explained it to us by drawing it out on paper, made it so much easier to understand. He was wonderful w/ my daughter and made her feel at ease w/ jokes, etc. I feel that he was/is worth the drive knowing that he will correctly diagnose my child and explaining it so all may understand. He's the BEST!

|  Caring physician  |  show details
by DoctorMom on Sep 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

My experience with Dr. Agarwal has been incredible. He is a very sensitive and caring physician, has put my mind to ease and helped navigate differences my husband and I had over vaccinations, co-sleeping, and breastfeeding. AFter meeting him in the hospital, I knew I wanted this man caring for my child. I suggested my friend visit him - she switched pediatricians on the spot. My only disappointment is wait times. His front desk lady isn't terribly honest about wait times, and twice we waited 45 minutes. He is worth the wait, but it's good to pack some extra things for baby.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com