Dr. Rajeev Agarwal MD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017
Great doctor with a personal touch.
My son loves Dr. Agarwal! We have had some bad experiences with doctors, but Dr. Agarwal represents his profession very well. He is great with children, and his office is child-friendly. I highly recommend this Dr.

December 14th, 2016
Office staff is less than competent, and blames patient
We have had nothing but bad experiences with Agave pediatrics. Initially we were told that with our 2 private insurances that we wouldnt have a bill at all. Our son had to have his tongue tie done 2x due to the first procedure not being enough, and his lip done also. After multiple calls dealing with billing, the Office manager, etc, there still was no resolve. They continued to put the blame on us as the patient, and concluded we owe them over $700 in procedure costs. After talking with one of our insurances we were told to have them rebill under a different code, which they wouldnt do. In the end our sons birth cost us $123 from all hosp., pediatricians, anastethesis, lactation consults, wellness visits, etc. Our few visits with Agave currently are being billed at well over $700. Please look at other options if youre researching laser tongue ties. Nobody deserves to be treated like a pocket book after the birth of their child.

June 23rd, 2016
Negligent,
It has been two months since my colonoscopy. I have not gotten in to see the doctor yet because they keep changing my appointment. They wanted to do a cat-scan and cancelled my appointment now for another month. I have called the office to schedule a CAT scan and they never call me back. I am in a great deal of pain, and they just don't understand. It just does not matter to them.

May 21st, 2015
Dr. Agarwal uses cautery and is not performing a complete tongue tie or lip tie release hence the need for multiple revisions which only leads to scar tissue. I have been told he cannot go deep enough with cautery to achieve a complete release. He also divides up the tongue and lip into seperate office visits/procedures. Go to a pediatric dentist trained to perform both a lip and tongue tie revision in one visit with laser which is far more precise and less painful.

May 15th, 2015
Within a day from being released from the hospital my nipples were sore and cracked despite efforts from the hospital lactation consultant. My step-mom who is an IBCLC told me to have the pediatrician check for tongue and lip ties. Our first ped told us at his week appointment that there was nothing wrong and even if he had a tie they don’t need to be revised. Needless to say as my nipples were telling a different story and my son was losing weight we got a second opinion. We went to Agave Pediatrics at the advice of my step-mom and NP Penny saw right away that there was both a lip & tongue tie. The appointment for TT revision was scheduled and completed within 48 hours. I bf in the office and noticed a huge improvement right away. We did the TT exercises to promote healing and prevent reattachment. Though my son didn’t gain weight as fast as he should have, they never pushed formula on us and were fine with me continuing to bf on demand and wake him at night for feeds, as well as offering more hind milk, until he regained his birth weight. He is now a happy, healthy, 20lb 1 year old. We also had Dr A do our LT revision at a year old. The intermittent pain I had experienced since my son got his teeth in disappeared after the LT release and I’ve had no more pain since. Dr A and his staff were amazing. The procedures went smoothly both times and we gave arnica for pain prior to the procedures and as needed after for a couple days. There was very little bleeding (he had thick ties released both times) and it only lasted for a day with the first few sweeps we did. Both times Dr A brought my son back to me snuggled up in his arms and told us how good he did. He really cares about his patients and I will have future children checked by him immediately after birth. We were so impressed we made them our regular ped

February 16th, 2015
tongue-tied baby
Once again, we are so thankful for Dr. Agarwal and the team at Agave Pediatrics! We had previously seen Dr. Agarwal with our first daughter (poor weight gain, constant nursing, etc.) and he was able to diagnose and remedy her lip and tongue ties as well as be an incredibly kind and helpful doctor. I was really hoping that my second daughter would not have the issues that my first had but once we went to her first doctors visit and discovered she had lost 10% of her birth weight I had a feeling it would be the same. The day after her doctor’s visit we went to our already scheduled consultation with the amazing Desiree Allison, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, at Arizona Breastfeeding Center who found her tongue and lip ties. I called Agave Pediatrics immediately and was able to get in later that week for a consultation. Having gone through both procedures before I was not as worried, I knew we were in great hands. Both procedures went excellently and caused minimal pain. The best part was that my daughter was able to transfer double the amount of milk she previously had while breastfeeding. I can’t thank Dr. Agarwal and Agave Pediatrics enough for all their support!

January 27th, 2015
Bad Service
I went in for an appointment with my son I am told that our insurance isn't good. I ask how this is being we paid our premiums and the front people didn't know. They immediately call their supervisor to come up and talk to me as if I've done something wrong. He comes out asked what the issue was knew what needed to be done and promptly had the insurance woman come and talk to me. Not sure why the issue was escalated to a supervisor if all I needed to do was talk to the insurance woman. The insurance woman seemed unsure as to what she was talking about and almost seemed to be winging the conversation to stall. Ultimately I was seen but I went through a lot of trouble for nothing. What a hassle.

August 14th, 2014
Beware the Beautiful Office
What can I say about this office.. It's decorated like a theme park it's beautiful, that's about it. I decided to tag along with a good friend of mine who was going to see Dr. Agarwal for a frenotomy clip consultation. I was looking for a new pediatricians office for my five kids so I thought why not tag along. The reception staff was nice, they all seemed a bit young but as I read the previous review and laugh as I believe I witnessed the same woman at the reception desk scolding her staff as if they were children. The place is unorganized unstructured and not somewhere I would recommend. The provider was a sweetheart but that's not enough. Then my friend is done with a visit and wants to schedule the procedure and she is informed that the scheduler has to call back to schedule..why if we're already there must we leave and get a call. I asked if he was in office they stated he was but not available. I hear one of the girls send out and intercom page with no avail. Luckily for us a women i believe Melissa is her name came out and assisted us. If it wasn't for the fact that it seems that each person covers the other to avoid parent conflict this would have been a disaster. I would not bring my children to this office ever.

May 14th, 2014
Beautiful office, great patient care from front desk, nurses and doctors.. the only complaint I have is that there was an older woman whom i presume to be the office supervisor or coordinator was out yelling at the receptionist staff and unprofessionally scolding them as I was leaving my appointment. This is probably not something I want my children to see when in the office as they are already on edge when seeing the doctor.

February 18th, 2014
My favorite doctor ever!!
I love Dr. Agarwal!! He is by far my favorite doctor. He spends time with my two boys during each visit. When either boy has come across any serious ailment, Dr. A has provided his opinion about the issue but also sent us to a specialist to ensure that we were comfortable with the information. I recommend Dr. A to all my friends and co-workers! At times he can run late but he always spends the necessary time with my kids once he gets into the room, so I would rather wait for a doctor who is willing to send the time with my kids.

March 11th, 2013
Doesn't get any better than Dr A
Love this office. I have been going there for a few years now and Dr Agarwal makes you feel at home. My son who hates to go to the doctor Loves Dr Agawal. Thank you for always being amazing.

February 16th, 2013
Friendliest Staff Ever
I just want to say that most of the staff is great there always able to get in and be seen I've been with Dr Agarwal since 2011 and although I've seen staff come and go the current staff now is GREAT! The check in gal with the twin sister there is always friendly although the gentlemen at checkout Armando I believe his name is although he is friendly at times every time I go there he's on his cell phone and I know it's adult staff and some smoke he tends to smell strongly of cigarette I guess that's a small price to pay for the great service I normally get there! Kudos Dr Agarwal my children love you!!