Dr. Rajendraprasad Makam MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 26th, 2014
Very Happy
I had went to Dr Makam for some GI issues that a previous GI doctor couldn't figure out. I am grateful that I had stumbled across Dr. Makam. I went in for my first appointment and met Dr Makam he was very nice, patient and courteous. I finally was able to get an answer to my symptoms and feel relief. No procedures were mentioned just a simple medication that fixed my issue. Dr Makam is great I highly recommend him to others and will be making him my permanent GI doctor.

August 5th, 2013
Intent Uncertain
Visited Raj M for evaluation of a minor rectal discharge. Office has multiple signs of "you paying Money on time". Poor bedside manners, ex. laughing and saying "you didn't do any online research about your problem before coming here"; inappropriately loud so patients in other rooms could hear him. I heard him talk to patients in other room while I waited in my room. Does not show genuine interest in your problem (did not inspect my rectal problem area; Also, his genius guesswork response to burping issues was "stop drinking milk"; how about doing some diagnosis or tests or asking me whether I even drink milk at the first place). Markets/Sells Colonoscopy Procedure because he does not do guesswork as he owns colonoscopy equipment in the office (costs $2000 & of course I am responsible for it). Some staff members may create the sense of fear/urgency to sell the procedure. It felt like I went to a sales/marketing office selling colonoscopy procedure rather than feeling like going to a specialist who would put in genuine effort to understand my problem by doing initial diagnosis during my visit. Sends $240 bill for 5 minutes of his "initial consultation" time to sell a higher billing procedure.

November 9th, 2012
I would see no one else but Dr. Makam!
QUITE SIMPLY, HE SAVED MY LIFE! He diagnosed my ovarian cancer before my Ignorant gynecologist did. He is extremely thorough, compassionate and has an incredible sense of urgency when needed. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at stage 3C and 2 years later still being treated but thanks to dr. Makam I am still alive to talk about it. If my gynecologist had any clue of the signs of ovarian cancer and listened to my symptoms, I could have been diagnosed much sooner an earlier stage. Dr makam was smart enough to take the extra step of ordering a ct scan when I had severe abdominal pains and my colonoscopy was good...thank god he did because the cancer had spread to the outside of my colon, not the inside...which is why I was having abdominal pain. When I told my gyn about my abdominal pains, she said it was stress and should get a massage and sent me on my way with probiotics!

October 2nd, 2012
Saved my Life!!
Dr. Makam ordered a Endoscopy and a colonoscopy for me in 2009. After being diagnosed with H-Pylori by another physician I came to him to make sure it was gone. He treated me with respect and not just a number. I had some problems with my stomach, but the biggist problem was the cancerous tumor he found in my colon. Without his help I would not be alive today. I had stage III colon cancer and no other doctors would listen to me since I was only 48. Thank you Dr Makam for saving my life!!

October 18th, 2010
Horrible doctor
He doesn't listen, has already decided what is wrong before he even talks to you or examines you. Doesn't ask appropriate questions, just tries to 'wow' you with random trivia that I already know.Even when you tell him the problems are new,out of the blue, acute, he doesn't listen and just treats you like some idiot that came in for old chronic symptoms that I'm NOT having. I think he was high at the time. He ordered a colonoscopy just for the money, since he had already decided the bleeding was from a hernia he already knows I have, while TOTALLY IGNORING the new and sudden symptoms that were more likely related to the previous day's dietary and construction-chemical mishaps. The nurse who took the intial notes all but outright said she didn't care (and half slipped saying exactly that) no telling how error-ridden her notes were.

February 1st, 2017