Dr. Rajesh Kumar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rajesh Kumar?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Rajesh Kumar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

November 28th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Kumar for over a year now since my original psychiatrist (whom I loved!) left Affiliated Clinical. I am highly dissatisfied with my experiences with Dr. Kumar and am currently looking for another psychiatrist. I often have to schedule appointments during my lunch break due to his office hours, and have actually had to leave without being seen because he runs so late, which is ridiculous especially since you have to schedule appointments at least a month in advance with him. Even when I have been his first appointment of the day I've had to wait more than 15 minutes past my appointment time! I definitely do not think he values my time. I also don't feel that he listens, he speaks about himself for the majority of the appointment time (which I am paying more than $400 for!) and it doesn't create a sense of comfort or camaraderie, instead coming off as narcissistic and uncaring. If you are looking for a psychiatrist I recommend another doctor!

October 14th, 2014

Enjoys talking about himself more than listening. Makes unrealistic suggestions to "help" patients handle situations.

May 19th, 2014

This doctor was very judgmental, he thought he had me all figured out after speaking to me for less than 5 minutes, he was horrible!

July 24th, 2013

Great Doctor.

I have been seeing Dr. Kumar for about 18 months. He never rushes through our appointments. He looks at my entire health history when making decision on my care. He also takes the time to explain things so that I completely understand. He lets me take part in my treatment plans. In fact, I have moved over 25 miles away from his office and I will continue to seek my mental health treatment from him.

January 27th, 2010

pt of his

My expierience with Dr. Kumar was a nightmare. Iwas a pt of his for two years. The final straw was when Iwas running low on medication. Icalled for an appointment, which Icouldnt get in to see him.He wouldnt not give me a refill unless I came in for a office visit.He would not see you unless it had been at least a month from your last visit. I finally ran out of medicine in which Ithen called the after hours Dr. He never returned my call. Icalled four times with in a weeks time. At this time Iended up giong to the emergency rooom for withdrawl symptoms from not recieving my medicine. Iwas close to having a seizure.My thrroat was closing up and I couldnt breathe. I finally stopped seeing this guy after realizing this Dr had no compassion for me as a human being. My animals recieved better care than this Dr ever gave. If you have more money than you know what to do with and enjoy flushing it down the toilet than go see this guy.

June 2nd, 2009

I would not send anyone to see Dr. Kumar

My experience with Dr. Kumar was terrible. After an acute manic episode left me a shattered shell of the man I once was, Dr. Kumar treated me like a statistic rather than a person. He routinely was late for our appointment, making me wait sometimes up to 45 minutes. Then in our sessions, rushed through as if to make up time for the nezt patient.He failed to listen to concerns from me and my wife that the perscription he was giving me left me as an emotionless zombie. In my sessions with him he would routinely dismiss my personal assesment and say I was "fine". All he wanted to hear was "No, I don't have racing thoughts. No, I don't have any mood swings." My insurance didn't cover my treatment with him or the medication that he prescribed, yet he charged me more than he charges insured patients and put me on one of the most expensive medications to treat Bipolar. I wasted a year of my life and a lot of my money with this guy and within a very short time a different doctor got my medication straightened out and helped me get back to where I wanted to be.

November 16th, 2015