Gastroenterologists
4510 Medical Center Dr
Ste 318
McKinney, TX 75069
972-562-4430
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Nurse  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2014

Went to see Dr Putcha after my Dr recommending him. Very nice Dr, explained everything very clearly. Unfortunately he has the rudest, most condesending, arrogant nurse Brittiany.. If I was unsure about the Dr I would go elsewhere, so I wouldnt have to deal with such a rude women.

|  find another doctor...  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2014

I am in the process of finding a new doctor. I have been through a barrage of tests and Dr. Putcha has NEVER examined me! You can only see his PA or talk to his nurse and the phone is never answered at the office! I have sat on hold many times for over 15 minutes and then just hung up. I have been sick for over 6 weeks with no answers and no one at this office seems to care. How can a doctor diagnose if he refuses to see his patients?! His answer to everything is a $2200 endoscopy! His nurse Brittany is the rudest, most condescending person I have ever dealt with! I would not recommend this office.

|  Very Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Cara E. on Jan 6th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Putcha and I can say he is the best internal GI doctor that I have ever used. He is very thorough with his examinations, listens very carefully to the issues, offers different paths for treatment based on your needs and works tirelessly to solve the problem. He personally called me on his day off (Christmas Eve) to give me test results that required I have surgery as soon as possible. His staff made numerous calls on my behalf to get me into surgery quickly and each person I dealt with was very caring, professional and wanted to help. Dr. Putcha is extremely responsive to requests and cares about his patients. I can't thank him enough. His staff was also amazing. Daniel in particular called me several times to check on me and made my case a priority when setting up follow up appointments. I highly recommend Dr. Putcha.

|  THE WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

My 18 yr old daughter went to him after throwing up after everything she ate for two months. He prescribed every GERD med ever made and did not see us til we insisted on an endoscopy because the Meds were not working. Endoscopy came out "NORMAL" according to him. Also had stomach emptying test, barium, manometry and gallbladder test which came out negative. Told us to have her gallbladder out which she did. Tough recovery and STILL throwing up. We finally insisted on seeing him ( by the way ... He is VERY resistant to see his patients... Would MUCH rather have his nurse prescribe more mess that don't work!) My husband and I both went into talk to him with our 18 yr old and told him if he was not going to diagnose her we were going to go to another doctor. He got very angry with us and told us it was ALL IN HER HEAD and she should be on antidepressants and if we were smart we would put her on a FEEDING TUBE. Our 18 yr old promptly burst into tears and he walked out of the room. Two weeks later we went to Dr. terrilynn Scott at Med City. She sat down with us for an hour with her computer and asked my daughter numerous questions. She then said she wanted my daughter to have an upper GI and she WANTED TO BE THERE to watch the test. After being in the test for 10 mins she asked my daughter and my husband and me to meet her in her office. She diagnosed my daughter with a weak LES and recommended surgery. The surgeon did a Nissen Fundoplication and also found she had a sliding hiatal hernia WHICH WAS MISSED by Dr. Putcha when he did the endoscopy. Five weeks post surgery (by Dr. Chris Bell, Med City - BEST surgeon ever!!) my daughter is eating and hasn't thrown up!! I feel horrible that I wasted so much time, energy, and money on Dr. Putcha. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of TDDC.

|  caring and professional  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I came to Dr. Putcha after my previous dr. dropped my insurance so I already had a diagnoses. Dr. Putcha has taken up my care and always helped when I"ve had flare-ups or other issues. His staff is prompt to return calls and always polite which I really apprecaite. So far my experience has been good.

|  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Putcha was impressive at the start, coming across as driven and enthusiastic to diagnose and treat me. He quickly lost steam and after a few procedures and no explanation for my symptoms and a best guess on my diagnosis, he never followed up to made sure we (he and I) would figure out why I was having the symptoms I was having, as he so eagerly sold me at the start. I believe physicians should genuinely care about their patients and pursue the problem until the patient must cease diagnostics or treatment for whatever reason. Doctors have office staff, to follow up with patients and plan the next course of action. I was left feeling like an undersold customer being herded through his practice. Have since moved on to another physician.

|  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

I've had diarrhea and vomiting for 2 months still have not had a colonoscopy. Went to emergency room got ct scan showed collapsed colon and internal bleeding plus tumors on kidney and liver.I cannot walk without assistance