Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Dr Anand  |  show details
by Christine J. on Jul 27th, 2013

I love Dr Anand...he correctly diagnosed my corodial melanoma, previous place said it was a detached retina....HUGE difference. His bedside manner is impeccable an I would highly recommend him. Not enough kind words to say about him.

|  Horrendous surgery  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

This doctor corrected my detached retina. He chose the wrong method (silicone gel instead of air). This caused me to have an immediate onset of severe glaucoma which left me blind in that eye. After being examined by one of his partners after the surgery, I was told that the wrong method was used and was also told the same thing by the glaucoma specialist. Throughout the whole ordeal, Dr. Anand was rude, rushing in and out of the office without fully explaining anything, and after the surgery completely ignored my calls for help. I had to have the glaucoma doctor and my primary care doctor intervene to get me the treatment I needed. Beause mine was an emergency situation, I had no time to research doctors.

|  DO NOT GO HERE  |  show details
by Hellobob at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I usually never write reviews, but I am very disappointed on how texas retina associates operates. I had Dr. Callahan, and unfortunately, he was too `specialized` to know anything. had a serious eye infection from a recent overseas trip. I went to see Dr. Callahan, but apparently this retinologist couldn`t see a problem, so he `referred` although, I think it`s a scamming system for most people me to a corneal specialist. I decided to get advice from my optometrist on who to see, and she referred me to a general ophthalmologist. The general ophthalmologist found a virus embedded between my cornea and scelera. Now, tell me why a retinologist, who had to go through additional residenciesfellowships to learn so much but to know so little I usually wouldn`t be upset since I only had to pay a 35 co-pay, but this place`s system of payment DOES IT IN THE MOST ARCHIAC FORM POSSIBLE. Typically from my experience, you pay the co pay up front, but the lady said we will mail you the outstanding fee. I received the payment, and paid by check, but unfortunately, which is my fault, I unknowingly sent a check that was already closed. Thus, they charged 33 extra dollars for the fee. Okay, I admit, this is my fault. But IF they just asked me to pay up front that day and mail me any additional fees OR called me first which they ended up calling to demand payment then this wouldn`t have happened. My frustration after learning so much about health care from school and the news, is that a large portion of health care cost goes toward administration cost and less towards improving patient quality care. The doctor MISSED something. They have a poor payment system which is probably a means to milk out more money from you. I was agreeable to paying for his \"lack\" of service, but when I was demanded to pay the extra fine, this goes too far because their inefficient ways, in the end, puts an additional financial burden on the patients. You only have one pair of eyes I would go to someone who you can trust and make a thorough diagnosis and who will not rip you off.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com