Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Jul 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel is one of the best doctors in Panama city,i highly recommend him!

Jul 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

We arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of time so as not to inconvenience the doctor. We never see the doctor at our appointment time but rather 45 minutes to an hour after the scheduled time. This is a mental health setting and a lengthy wait is stressful

Jun 28th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great staff and Dr. Patel listens to my issues and addresses them. I would recommend and refer family and friends. Dr. Patel has helped improve the quality of my emotional life. I thank him for all he has done for me.

Jun 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My wait was not a problem and Dr. Patel even apologized and explained that he was behind and busy because he just returned from a trip. He is very professional and I would recommend him to everyone. He knows his stuff

May 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel and office staff are very considerate, professional, they try to get you in and out without waiting. They will even come in on Saturday, if he has to, when having to go out of town. Never have to wait long for appointment. Very satisfied.

May 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

As usual, Dr Patel was kind and took the time to listen to and address my concerns. The manner in which he is able to recall details of my previous visits (more than he could note in my chart) results in my willingness to speak more freely than before.

May 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel is excellent and always see's to my needs.

May 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

We have had a long term relationship where we continue to address my concerns well.

May 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

SO GLAD THE LADIES AT THE FRONT OFFICE WAS ABLE TO GET ME IN ASAP.NICE FELT AT EASE WITH DR PATEL. I WOULD SAY IF ANYONE NEEDS PROFESIONAL THEN THIS DR IS YOUR GO TO MAN.

May 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very needed an enjoyable visit,

Apr 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel has been very helpful to me with my case. He listens to me and helps with the problems that i have to deal with . His advise has been a big help to me . I have been very satisfied with the visits and would be happy to recommend his help to anyone

Apr 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel has always been very attuned to my situation and is a brilliant doctor.

Apr 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I think he was very professional and concerned about me.

Apr 9th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

One of the Best Doctor's I have had the pleasure to meet, not only as a patient, but also a confidant.

Apr 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel & staff are very personable, professional, and compassionate. I have watched them go above the norm to help a person in need. They have made a huge impact on my life.

Apr 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I bring my son for his appointment and am always 5 to 10 minutes early but have to wait at least 5 to 10 minutes to sign him in. Then we wait no less than 30 minutes and often longer to see the doctor. Our time with the doctor lasts approximately 10 min.

Apr 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I absolutely adore Dr. Patel. On occasion I have had to wait a while for my appointment but he has always been calm and courteous and has always answered all of my questions.

Apr 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great Dr

Apr 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I love Dr. Patel. I wish all doctor offices were as effecient as Dr. Patel's.

Mar 28th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

the doctor has been a god send to me. I have been with him for a couple of years

Mar 15th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is always concerned about my issues and talks me through my questions. He has saved me! I would recommend him to everyone.

Feb 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Patel's for 13 years. I would be lost without him, quite possibility dead by suicide. He helped me understand all the medication I needed to take daily and on time. He is very sensitive. Awesome Doctor!!!

Feb 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

He's top notch!

Feb 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a caring Doctor and so is his staff they are willing to help in every way they can. Thanks Dr. Patel for being there when I needed you most.

Feb 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I always like my appointments with dr patel

Feb 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

From the time I walked in till the time I left the receptionist was very polite and friendly , then I met with Dr.Patel and I thought he was very caring and genuinely cared about my problems , I would recommend him to everyone

Feb 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very compassionate doctor and he has helped me greatly. Wait times vary but 20 min. is not uncommon. He spends as much time as you need so expect varying times. Call ahead to see if he's behind and come in accordingly.

Feb 12th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel has always been thoughtful and caring, having my best interest in mind!

Feb 8th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have been going to Dr Patel for many years. I am very pleased with the him as a whole and his staff

Feb 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

None at this time, the appointment went well as I expected.

Feb 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My only negative thing to say would be about the receptionist. I came in for my appointment, she asked my name, I told her and she said it's $$ for today. Not a hello, nothing, what's your name and you owe this much for today. Not good for business.

Feb 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is great. He has treated my kids and now myself for over 20 years. I recommend him highly.

Dec 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is so understanding of the problems experienced. He makes recommendations that can be accomplished and has a very calming manner.

Dec 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel is an excellent psycyitrist I would highly recommend him to friend and family in the future.

Dec 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This initial visit with Dr. Patel was very encouraging. Dr Patel was very cordial, professional and thorough. He asked numerous questions in an attempt to understand history and concerns and offered a realignment of medications for better management.

Dec 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very busy day for Dr Patel, but I did not seemed to be rushed through once in his office. He took the time to listen and with a few suggestions we decided what was next in my treatment. Very smart physician.

Dec 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very pleasant visit as usual. Directions were clear and concise.

Nov 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

was very personable and concerned with my well being, and my family

Nov 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a very patient physician. He takes the time needed for each visit, be it 5 minutes or 25 minutes. I highly recommend him.

Nov 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My latest appointment with Dr Patel was my 2nd with him. Before my former psychiatrist retired, he highly recommended Dr. Patel. He is very kind and listened to what I had to say. I plan to keep him as my psychiatrist in the future.

Nov 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel express an interest in how you have been doing on your medication since your last visit and how you are feeling, resting at night, and other health questions for your benefit as well as for his benefit to know what he may need to help you.

Nov 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is caring and compassionate. He was accurate in diagnosing and treating my condition. I will continue to trust him with my health and wellbeing.

Nov 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel was very professional and helped me get the help I need. The office lady set my first appointment to get in and it took 2 months. She gave me a price of $180 and when I got in she said $245. I didn't appreciate that.

Nov 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is far more informed of the effects of medications and chemicals on a person's body than any physician I've ever met. Very nonjudgmental, both physician and staff!

Nov 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is an awesome Dr. that is truly concerned about the well being of his patient. His receptionist does a wonderful job as well. ( hand claps)

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very nice doctor, thoroughly went through my history with me. Discussed any concerns I may have. Office staff was very nice.

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel really listened to my situation and issues. He understands that poeple face many different types of problems, he doesn't judge or make someone ashamed. He acesses his patient, gives his professional feedback and solution calmly and respectfully

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is very concerned about his patients and he gives you his entire attention and listens to everything you tell him. He is very intent on helping the patient and he wants to do what is best for them. Thanks Dr. Patel for everything.

Nov 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel and his staff are of the extremely professional and understanding. I feel like I can open up and say exactly what is on my mind. I would recommend his services.

Nov 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very professional, genuinely concerned about my overall health. Answers all my questions regarding medication interactions which concerns me. I chose Dr. Patel as my doctor due to his fine reputation. I'm thankful he accepted me as a patient!

Nov 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is my new psychiatrist because my psychiatrist retired. It is difficult when you have been seeing a doctor for almost fifteen years and he retires from his private practice but that is life. Dr. Patel seemed very nice and caring but new to me.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is always concerned 1st and foremost for my health. He addresses all of my/his concerns. He is a brilliant doctor; knows EXACTLY what & how much to prescribe. If I am uncomfortable with any prescription advice, my concerns are considered.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Wonderful, caring & concerned Dr. Dr. Patel, gives each patient all the time that they need, he does his job thoroughly and with much compassion. Should anyone I know ever need his services, I would highly recommend him. He's helped me make huge strides.

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

One of the most compassionate and "easy to talk to" Doctors that I have had! I use ally am a bit intimidated by most M.D.'s However since I started seeing Dr. Patel my understanding and outlook have changed quite a bit(for the better, might I add)!

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He answered all of my questions with patience. He was wonderful.

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Dr. Patel was pleasant and 'business like' allowing me to feel confident that he would be (and he was) direct with what I needed to hear yet with the appropriate understanding and empathy. Staff was very friendly.

Oct 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I meant to put excellent

Oct 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been with Dr.Patel since 2008. He is a very good, listener and is concerned with my health. He is very clear in his explanation and plan.

Oct 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is the most wonderful doctor I have ever come across. He listens and explains. He is Heaven sent.

Oct 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The Dr. was very helpful.

Oct 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel has provided me excellent service over the years and enabled me to live a fuller, happier, and more successful life. I have gladly recommended him to several friends.

Oct 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Patel is great! Waiting for scripts to be wrote after checking out is time consuming. Needs improvement.

Oct 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Upset that Dr Patel will no longer filing BCBS because if insurance provider issues.

Oct 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a very knowledgeable and patient physician. He has an ability to relate with my problems and in turn he effectively makes a diagnosis which allows him to prescribe proper medication. I truly believe his treatment has saved my lIfe.

Sep 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is very kind and understanding. He follows my history carefully, and agreed with my plan for psychological therapy.

Sep 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel and his wonderful receptionist are amazing. I work 50 hours a week and have 2 young children. I also have fibromyalgia. I was struggling everyday. Dr. Patel listened, really listened and individualized my treatment plan just for me.

Sep 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Asked for adderall due to sever lack of motivation and concentration in school. He made me feel like I was just a drug seeking fiend and prescribed me Ritalin and it sucks. Feels like I'm wasting a month of time and money. This is my first bad experience.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt very at ease. I felt he was very concerned about my issues . I was extremely satisfied and believe my issueswill finally be felt with.

Jul 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I made the appointment on a Friday, was able to get in the following Thursday. Had a little trouble explaining my concerns because I had suppressed my depression & anxiety. Medication is working well!

Jul 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a very bright and smart doctor of psychiatry that knows how to ask questions in order to get a patient's history. He asks questions quickly in order to get accurate information. The prescribed drugs are working for me, and have helped well.

Jul 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel always has a compassionate heart always addresses my concerns from my last visit and how I am coping with them. We go over any new issues or concerns I have since our last visit and is genuinely concerned about my well being.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Great doctor!!! show details Great doctor!!!
by jane doe on Mar 3rd, 2014

This man listens , and will try to help !!!! He has me on two medications that work . 5 star rating ball around!!!!

THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL! show details THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL!
Jun 14th, 2012

THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL!! The professional information, picture and office address are all incorrect!

No Problems, Not a Money Chasing Shrink, Cares show details No Problems, Not a Money Chasing Shrink, Cares
Feb 15th, 2012

It's interesting to see all of these negative reviews. They seems to relate to rudeness of the staff, problems with acquiring medication or the Doctor suggesting medication for a problem. To the person that was ticked because Dr. Patel suggested medication first thing; that's what psychiatrist do! Treat with medication! If you have a problem with the doctor not being able to just "call-in" a refill anytime you should complain to your state senator, the ones that set laws that do not allow for refills by phone of almost any "controlled substance" aka psych meds. Law also requires anyone receiving a controlled med to be seen MONTHLY by the prescribing doctor. My last shrink charged $350 for a 10 minute visit and made me come every month, and did not give a rats ars. I let Dr. Patel know about my job/money situation from the start and what does he do? Charges me less then $25 a month for the office visit and prescribes meds that I can fill cheaply at wal-mart for $6, these are the same as the "new" latest meds that are nothing but the same chemical with binders to make it a "time-release" pill and voila, $250 for a months supply. I also let him know how I am feeling and if a med is working or not, if we should change dosage amount. I let him know if I'm doing good or not and he listens. I always leave with a handshake and a smile from Dr. Patel. As far as the rudeness of the staff, have not seen it myself and have always been treated just fine. I am trying to get SSI and they were nice enough to call me and let me know that SSI was requesting the records and made it my call as how they got them. I have been late a few times and early a few times and always seem to get worked in just fine with no problems. First off, to many Americans (sheeple) think people believe the world revolves around them and that seeing a doctor absolves them from any self-responsibility, it's always another persons/doctors/company/government fault, I should have been warned, etc. etc. Wake-up people and learn about self responsibility, quit being a sheep expecting the government or a doctor to fix all you problems. Second, Dr. Patel is a psychiatrist, in an out-patient setting, not a therapist. Psychiatrist's are medical doctors that treat patients illness with medication. If you want to "talk" about your problems that is what psychologists and therapists are for.

Aug 8th, 2010

I have never been treated so rudely by a receptionist is my life. She left a voice message on my work phone that the Dr. could not refill my medication because I needed to see him first. I am trying to find a decent psychiatrist with decent office help.

Pathetic show details Pathetic
May 24th, 2010

I took my 11 yr old son to see Dr. Patel several years ago because my son was having difficulty after my divorce from his father. The first thing Dr. Patel suggested was medication. When I talked with him following my son's visit, he didn't give me the time of day. His staff was incredibly rude. We went twice and never returned!

Interested in your money... not your well being. show details Interested in your money... not your well being.
Jan 18th, 2010

I saw Dr Patel for a year and throughout this time he kept me on the same medication. When I lost my insurance, I made my 3 month script last me for 4 1/2 months. When I finally ran out I called the office requesting to have the doctor call in a script for me. He refused and when I asked him about the possibility of me having a seizure from withdrawing from my meds his exact words were "That is not my problem, you should have thought about that before". On top of this when I have called to have my records sent to me, I have been hung up on several times. I have never been rude to these people and this was completely uncalled for. The first 2 codes of ethics for doctors is 1) Consider first the well-being of your patient. and 2) Treat your patient with compassion and respect. This office is awful. They are interested in money alone and do not care about you as a person or patient.

Discussion with Spourse show details Discussion with Spourse
Sep 9th, 2008

My wife and I were both patients. We usually attended appointments together. However, sometimes separately to be able to be more open. Dr. Patel passed on information from one of my private sessions to my spouse which lead to an escalation of problems.