Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Nov 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is my new psychiatrist because my psychiatrist retired. It is difficult when you have been seeing a doctor for almost fifteen years and he retires from his private practice but that is life. Dr. Patel seemed very nice and caring but new to me.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is always concerned 1st and foremost for my health. He addresses all of my/his concerns. He is a brilliant doctor; knows EXACTLY what & how much to prescribe. If I am uncomfortable with any prescription advice, my concerns are considered.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Wonderful, caring & concerned Dr. Dr. Patel, gives each patient all the time that they need, he does his job thoroughly and with much compassion. Should anyone I know ever need his services, I would highly recommend him. He's helped me make huge strides.

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

One of the most compassionate and "easy to talk to" Doctors that I have had! I use ally am a bit intimidated by most M.D.'s However since I started seeing Dr. Patel my understanding and outlook have changed quite a bit(for the better, might I add)!

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He answered all of my questions with patience. He was wonderful.

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Dr. Patel was pleasant and 'business like' allowing me to feel confident that he would be (and he was) direct with what I needed to hear yet with the appropriate understanding and empathy. Staff was very friendly.

Oct 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I meant to put excellent

Oct 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been with Dr.Patel since 2008. He is a very good, listener and is concerned with my health. He is very clear in his explanation and plan.

Oct 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is the most wonderful doctor I have ever come across. He listens and explains. He is Heaven sent.

Oct 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The Dr. was very helpful.

Oct 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel has provided me excellent service over the years and enabled me to live a fuller, happier, and more successful life. I have gladly recommended him to several friends.

Oct 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Patel is great! Waiting for scripts to be wrote after checking out is time consuming. Needs improvement.

Oct 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Upset that Dr Patel will no longer filing BCBS because if insurance provider issues.

Oct 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a very knowledgeable and patient physician. He has an ability to relate with my problems and in turn he effectively makes a diagnosis which allows him to prescribe proper medication. I truly believe his treatment has saved my lIfe.

Sep 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is very kind and understanding. He follows my history carefully, and agreed with my plan for psychological therapy.

Sep 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Patel and his wonderful receptionist are amazing. I work 50 hours a week and have 2 young children. I also have fibromyalgia. I was struggling everyday. Dr. Patel listened, really listened and individualized my treatment plan just for me.

Sep 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Asked for adderall due to sever lack of motivation and concentration in school. He made me feel like I was just a drug seeking fiend and prescribed me Ritalin and it sucks. Feels like I'm wasting a month of time and money. This is my first bad experience.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt very at ease. I felt he was very concerned about my issues . I was extremely satisfied and believe my issueswill finally be felt with.

Jul 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I made the appointment on a Friday, was able to get in the following Thursday. Had a little trouble explaining my concerns because I had suppressed my depression & anxiety. Medication is working well!

Jul 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel is a very bright and smart doctor of psychiatry that knows how to ask questions in order to get a patient's history. He asks questions quickly in order to get accurate information. The prescribed drugs are working for me, and have helped well.

Jul 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel always has a compassionate heart always addresses my concerns from my last visit and how I am coping with them. We go over any new issues or concerns I have since our last visit and is genuinely concerned about my well being.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Great doctor!!! show details Great doctor!!!
by jane doe on Mar 3rd, 2014

This man listens , and will try to help !!!! He has me on two medications that work . 5 star rating ball around!!!!

THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL! show details THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL!
Jun 14th, 2012

THIS IS NOT DR. PATEL!! The professional information, picture and office address are all incorrect!

No Problems, Not a Money Chasing Shrink, Cares show details No Problems, Not a Money Chasing Shrink, Cares
Feb 15th, 2012

It's interesting to see all of these negative reviews. They seems to relate to rudeness of the staff, problems with acquiring medication or the Doctor suggesting medication for a problem. To the person that was ticked because Dr. Patel suggested medication first thing; that's what psychiatrist do! Treat with medication! If you have a problem with the doctor not being able to just "call-in" a refill anytime you should complain to your state senator, the ones that set laws that do not allow for refills by phone of almost any "controlled substance" aka psych meds. Law also requires anyone receiving a controlled med to be seen MONTHLY by the prescribing doctor. My last shrink charged $350 for a 10 minute visit and made me come every month, and did not give a rats ars. I let Dr. Patel know about my job/money situation from the start and what does he do? Charges me less then $25 a month for the office visit and prescribes meds that I can fill cheaply at wal-mart for $6, these are the same as the "new" latest meds that are nothing but the same chemical with binders to make it a "time-release" pill and voila, $250 for a months supply. I also let him know how I am feeling and if a med is working or not, if we should change dosage amount. I let him know if I'm doing good or not and he listens. I always leave with a handshake and a smile from Dr. Patel. As far as the rudeness of the staff, have not seen it myself and have always been treated just fine. I am trying to get SSI and they were nice enough to call me and let me know that SSI was requesting the records and made it my call as how they got them. I have been late a few times and early a few times and always seem to get worked in just fine with no problems. First off, to many Americans (sheeple) think people believe the world revolves around them and that seeing a doctor absolves them from any self-responsibility, it's always another persons/doctors/company/government fault, I should have been warned, etc. etc. Wake-up people and learn about self responsibility, quit being a sheep expecting the government or a doctor to fix all you problems. Second, Dr. Patel is a psychiatrist, in an out-patient setting, not a therapist. Psychiatrist's are medical doctors that treat patients illness with medication. If you want to "talk" about your problems that is what psychologists and therapists are for.

Aug 8th, 2010

I have never been treated so rudely by a receptionist is my life. She left a voice message on my work phone that the Dr. could not refill my medication because I needed to see him first. I am trying to find a decent psychiatrist with decent office help.

Pathetic show details Pathetic
May 24th, 2010

I took my 11 yr old son to see Dr. Patel several years ago because my son was having difficulty after my divorce from his father. The first thing Dr. Patel suggested was medication. When I talked with him following my son's visit, he didn't give me the time of day. His staff was incredibly rude. We went twice and never returned!

Interested in your money... not your well being. show details Interested in your money... not your well being.
Jan 18th, 2010

I saw Dr Patel for a year and throughout this time he kept me on the same medication. When I lost my insurance, I made my 3 month script last me for 4 1/2 months. When I finally ran out I called the office requesting to have the doctor call in a script for me. He refused and when I asked him about the possibility of me having a seizure from withdrawing from my meds his exact words were "That is not my problem, you should have thought about that before". On top of this when I have called to have my records sent to me, I have been hung up on several times. I have never been rude to these people and this was completely uncalled for. The first 2 codes of ethics for doctors is 1) Consider first the well-being of your patient. and 2) Treat your patient with compassion and respect. This office is awful. They are interested in money alone and do not care about you as a person or patient.

Discussion with Spourse show details Discussion with Spourse
Sep 9th, 2008

My wife and I were both patients. We usually attended appointments together. However, sometimes separately to be able to be more open. Dr. Patel passed on information from one of my private sessions to my spouse which lead to an escalation of problems.