Dr. Rajnikant Kothari Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rajnikant Kothari?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Rajnikant Kothari?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017

Highly satisfied.

I have seen several psychiatrist in stark county and Dr. R. Kothari is one of the most easy going, non pushy, not looking down his nose at you. I seen him briefly when I was 11, got stirred around the system a lot since then so I decided to see if he would take me back on as a patient since the courts are making me get help on an ordered basis. I have been abused by doctors in the state hospital so bad I developed a very bad anxiety with psychological help and law enforcement. Out of all the ones I've been forced to see about 6, he is the only one who treated me with any respect. He follows up on me. I see him regularly. He hasn't pushed voluntary or involuntary commitment on me like the state run agencys do habitually. Seeing him when I was a kid, he helped me get back to enjoying childhood until my parents decided to let the state pick up the charges. Seeing him isn't all bad. He keeps the state from kidnapping me, doesn't overdose me, make me feel crazy. So keeping appointments with him and taking my meds under his care has been a good investment. I am surprised to see people bash his practice on here. Maybe they are new to therapy.

January 25th, 2017

Very good diagnostician

He was the only one of 5 psychiatrists to correctly diagnosis me and he did it in the first 10 minutes.

February 8th, 2015

Paid off quack

He is a quack. I went to see Dr. Kothari because my primary care physician at the time wanted me to get an accurate ADHD diagnosis before prescribing medication, and we also suspected that I possibly had some slight, mild depression so he wanted me to talk to a specialist so that we could figure out what measures we could take. I spoke with a woman for about 10 minutes before seeing Kothari. Then, I saw Kothari. We spoke for about 5 minutes, at the most. He asked me questions such as "do you have mood swings?" and questions along those lines. I answered "no" because I do not have mood swings. I did mention that my uncle had committed suicide a few years ago, and Kothari seemed pretty excited when I told him that. After our 5 minute "session" he told me that I have bipolar disorder and he gave me some medication. I threw it away when I got home. I've heavily researched bipolar disorder and I do not have it. I was quite angry that he had the nerve to give me that diagnosis. I'm worried that it will be in my medical records for the rest of my life now. I never returned. Instead, I began to focus on exercise, vitamins and nutrition and in terms of the mild depression, I am doing great! After doing some research into kothari, I've found that within the last 5 years he has been paid $86,311 from pharmaceutical companies. This says a lot to me. He is being treated very well by pharmaceutical companies and in return he creates customers for them. Do the research on the Dollars for Docs website. Kothari is being paid a lot by the pharmaceutical companies.

May 10th, 2013

Approaching Retirement

This dr may have been practicing for 40 years, but he is not up to date on diagnosis. He states either you are depressed or not, bi-polar or not. Only sees in black and white. Will label you as major depressive if on meds for more than 6 months. Does not have good bedside manner with children. He made my son feel really bad and was telling him he had bi-polar. Son cried all the way home, now refuses to see him. He doesn't really have good tact with children. He makes them feel uncomfortable about their illness. He is dictating his notes before you even leave his office - on to the next patient, as if no thoughts going into what he is doing. His receptionists are very rude on phone and want to argue when you call in. I will say that if there is a problem while being put on a new med, they will call you back right away and waste no time when there is an impending problem. By the way a clinician sits there and fills out paperwork with checks, comments to make the diagnosis. Anybody can take this type of test on-line. I did that before we even went to the appointment. OCD and defiance were never addressed. When questioned, once again all he could say was all bi-polar, that's all. The people that they want you to council with are women. You really need some men in the office. Men like to talk to men. Really does push the samples, but is smart in the way that if what you are taking works, he won't change it for the sake of saving patient money. I think that is good, as that is what screws people up sometimes. They think because they will save money it will work, and not all meds are the same.

August 22nd, 2012

Awful experience

I had an awful experience here. I waited over an hour in the waiting room to see him for maybe 10 minutes. I went to try to get some help with my ADHD. I already went to two psychologists and got diagnosed with ADHD and mild depression. The depression I plan on taking care of through diet and exercise. I sat down in his office, and the first question he asked was about mood swings and bad temper. I told him that I can be irritable but I don't have mood swings. A few minutes later and a few questions later he said that I have bipolar disorder and he gave me a 5-week sample of a "mood stabilizer" and told me to come back in 3 weeks, saying that it will make me feel much better. I do not have bipolar disorder. I came here to get my ADHD taken care of and this guy immediately diagnosed me with bipolar and gave me drugs that would probably turn me bipolar. I will not be taking those drugs. I recommend staying away from here. Plus, according to ProPublica, this guy is making over $30,000 a year from pharmaceutical companies, promoting their drugs.

August 8th, 2012

love this doctor/ from Holly B.

over the course of 3 years I went from one doctor to another trying to be diagnosed with my symptoms. It wasn't until I was in the hospital, when Dr. Kothari diagnosed and began treatment that I finally started feeling better, He listened to me, and sometimes thats all a patient wants.

August 23rd, 2017