Dr. Raju Ghate MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Run as fast as you can to the Doctors Rush Hospital!!
Run, Run , Run. I might have sued Dr Ghate and NorthShore Hospital for malpractice! I went to see Dr Ghate after 2 months of right knee pain (previously scoped) and entire left leg pain. Dr Ghate (and Dr. Bowen) said I needed a full right knee replacement since I had bone on bone from the X-Rays and it was causing compensating pain in my left leg and he added me to his 2.5 month out surgery date due to his backlog on surgeries (lucky me). So after his lack of caring for my pain in my opposite leg I checked out my options and I heard Dr. Berger at Rush was the best and I went to see him and I will tell you Berger's staff and PA were amazing and although he would not look at Dr Ghate's X-rays (had to pay for double X-Rays--well worth it) he completed his own full lower body x-rays and that exam ( 5x better then Ghate's) showed that my "Left" hip was causing the pain not the right knee! As such, I scheduled the Left hip replacement with him and he did an amazing job getting me in in 3 weeks and saved me a totally unnecessary surgery and rehab by Ghate. When I called Dr Ghates office and canceled the knee surgery I got a message back from Dr Ghate that said " I guess you got a lot of arthritis in your body" not that he was wrong and they also refused to credit me for the $900 in net billing charges due to his miss-diagonals. Berger did an amazing job with my surgery (minimally invasive) and gave me back my life and saved me from a wasted tough surgery. If you are going to Ghate, get a 2nd opinion or just go to Berger and get it done RIGHT and get the CORRECT body part fixed. I also asked Ghate about the lower hospital/surgery scores (higher posted infection rate) at North Shore and the great scores at Northwest Hospital and Rush and he bragged that the Northwest ratings were based on his prior tenure at the Hospital although my Mom just said they just got great ratings again even though he has been gone for 3 plus years? I hate writing a note like this but if it saves you an unnecessary surgery by a Doctor that doesn't really care then it was worth it! Call Berger (so good--cash only but my insurance paid 80%) or any Doctor at Rush hospital and you will be better off. Go to a guy that does hips and knees so you don't get the wrong item chopped! As a note all that Dr. Ghate had to do was do an X-Ray of my hips with the knee to come to the right conclusion--pretty simple (oh, I forgot does knees only)!

October 4th, 2016
Dr. Ghate is an excellent surgeon. I couldn't imagine a better outcome for both knee replacements. Knowledgable, skilled, and empathetic!

June 10th, 2016
Dr. Ghate instills confidence the moment he comes in the room. For all of that, he is very approachable. I have referred several friends to him and they have been very happy with their results and have referred friends to him also.

June 7th, 2016
Dactorgata you made my life a lot easier I love you for that I don't know if you remember me you. did three surgeries for me :):):)

March 9th, 2016
Arrogant, impatient demeanor. Not above snarling at women in a snide, insulting manner when frustrated.by his own limitations -- in my case, an inability to find adequate pain medication.after his performing an extremely painful knee replacement procedure on me. Would never go back to him.

January 8th, 2016
knee replacement
Dr Berget wanted $19500.00 cash, didn't take Medicare . A friend had a friend who had both knees replaced by Dr Ghate. I'm not interested in bedside manner, just results . Dr Ghate was the best as was his staff. Went to his recommended rehab facility for seven days and used his recommend home health care which was excellent. Five weeks after surgery I started outpatient rehab. After my second visit I was told that my progress was one of the best this therapist has seen five weeks after surgery. I was very lucky to find Dr Ghate .

May 23rd, 2015
With all the orthopedic surgeons in the area Dr. Ghate was the best choice.

March 22nd, 2015
Love this doc!
Love Dr. Ghate - the knee revision he did on my replacement was impeccable!

March 2nd, 2015
Gifted surgeon. Awesome staff. Love my new knee!

February 10th, 2015
Executive Assistant
Greatest doctor and surgeon - Dr. Ghate gave me back my life. Went to another place IB&J - wish I had the money back I wasted. Dr. Ghate did double knee replacement - with his special method and both times I was walking after 3 weeks. Unheard of I know - I too only heard horror stories. Dr. Ghate is truly one of the best surgeons and I have sent now 3 people to see him when knee replacement was their only option. All 3 were thrilled with their outcome and wish they too knew about him earlier before wasting money with other doctors. If knee replacement is needed pick up the phone now and call. Trust me it was the best call I ever made. The nurses and assistants especially Amanda and Heidi are always there when you need them or have a question.

February 5th, 2015
Dr. Ghate was highly recommended by a business associate, so I was expecting to be impressed when I finally met him to discuss a tkr. What a disappointment. He tapped his foot impatiently the whole time we talked (which was all of 7 minutes). He looked at my X-rays and said both of my knees needed to be replaced, but never examined my knees or asked to see how I walked. His overall manner was very dismissive. I don't expect a surgeon to be my bff, but I do expect more interest than I saw coming from Dr. Ghate. Needless to say. I went elsewhere for my surgery.

January 30th, 2015
Good results for both knees.I was able to bend both knees after surgery, without pain